MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Combining HD Projects in M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle DeLuciaCombining HD Projects in M100
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:41:45 pm

I'm trying to combine three M100 projects together into one. My client had created three separate projects and now needs have only one project with all their bins in the same project. Is this possible to do? I tried to do this on an empty drive, with all the components (projects icons, bins, and media folders). I tried to open one of the projects and import or "open" the other bins in the project. The bins appear, but with the "unavailable" sign in the bin thumbnails. I'm seeing the timecode of the clips in the Edit Suite, but no audio or video... or thumbnail for that matter. If I try to open one of the other projects, it's just the opposite: I get one bin to open but the other two are not visible. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Combining HD Projects in M100
by on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:40:25 am

The normal media search should find the media. You could manually add the other project's media folders to the new project's Media Locations. Or do a Collect Files from the first project, then open the collected bins and programs in the new project (this duplicates the media so you'll need some room.)

Return to posts index

Kris McMullinRe: Combining HD Projects in M100
by on May 11, 2011 at 2:52:29 pm

This worked perfectly. Thanks as always for the great support!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved