MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

multiple formats in a program

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noah wightmultiple formats in a program
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 5:43:53 pm

Hey thanks to everyone for the help and info they have offered lately. Been so swamped I have not followed up as I should. Fresh problem I'm working on is I have a piece to edit that will require reaching into the stock footage and pulling out some historical shots to mix with the current 720/60 hd footage. Most of the older footage will be from miniDV. Watching the webinar on V2 I saw mixing of formats. Will Suite V2 mix 720/59.94 and 525/29.97? I'm currently on V1.7 but this would warrant a faster upgrade. As a TV station I'm constantly have to mix formats and deal with my own stock and a million random formats people submit. Thanks again for the help. N

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: multiple formats in a program
by on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:36:33 am

Yes, but you will have to put a TimeFX on the clips to make them play at the correct speed (50% or 200%). Synched audio can't be placed in a mismatched program, but it gets detached when you create the TimeFX anyway; then just reimport it at the program's FPS.

Return to posts index

noah wightRe: multiple formats in a program
by on Apr 28, 2011 at 4:14:30 am

Good one. Nice work around but sounds like this might be my excuse to do the upgrade. I have years of stock on multiple different formats for the station so this problem will continue. Thanks for the info. N

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]