MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Color - back and forth to M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim brodieColor - back and forth to M100
by on Apr 20, 2011 at 10:17:36 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm using M100 1.5.4 and have been learning how to work with Color
today. I ran Flo's excellent rapidly paced tutorial about three times and I think I understand the process, however, two things are happening.

In my tests with 1080p 29.97 test material, which are three 4 second interview shots butted together, the Color graded video comes back into M100 corrected but the audio exists on only one clip and nothing shows up on the other two clips in the time line. Also, if I go to move the clips a window pops up to say they are interlaced and not progressive. I've checked all the setting on both sides and they seem accurate. Are these bugs that I'll just have to live with or in the case of the audio, should I only export XML video timelines and rejoin with the audio afterward in M100. Its a rather curious anomaly. Color is astounding and very intuitive!

When I imported the same Color XML from FCP these issues disappeared.

All the best,

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Color - back and forth to M100
by on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:34:47 pm

The interlaced/progessive thing is a bug that is fixed in v2.0. I had a report about audio problems that seems similar to yours, but the user was unable to reproduce the issue reliably. The Log window might have some useful information about that. Your avoidance idea might work.

Return to posts index

jim brodieRe: Color - back and forth to M100
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 2:09:56 am

Thank you Dave for your commentary. I'll try v 2.0. I noticed the sound issue also appears when I send the Color files to FCP. Perhaps I've encountered some settings conflict. All the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved