MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Suite V2 upgrade pricing

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenMedia 100 Suite V2 upgrade pricing
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 10:03:21 pm

To the Boris group: Congrats on the release of Media 100 Suite V2. The more that I read about it the more that I like it. The price drop for the full version is sweet, but the upgrade pricing still needs adjusting.

Keep in mind that the announced price for Final Cut Pro X is $299. To keep M100 price competitive, I suggest an upgrade price that matches or comes close to the FCP X retail price. Such pricing keeps some folks from considering jumping ship and gives M100 a good foundation for growth. Thanks for listening.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Media 100 Suite V2 upgrade pricing
by on Apr 14, 2011 at 9:49:55 pm

I have been holding off on upgrading my Media100 V1.1 as I have been more and more inclined to use FCP. The reason, is because of the high cost of upgrading exactly as Marcus points out.

Please do not misunderstand me. I LOVE my M100 and use it for all of my high end corporate video editing for over 15 years, BUT FCP is not far behind for me. I am getting used to editing more and more complex jobs on it that I can do with such ease on the M100. Now that a new X will be available at an 'upgrade' price, it will be hard to justify M100 V2 upgrade, not that I really need it anyway. V1.1 is more than adequate for my use.

I agree with Marcus about upgrade pricing. Please review it so it is competitive. It really doesn't get mentioned as a competitor to FCP, Adobe & Avid any longer. Why not?

Thanks very much for

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved