MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Best settings for importing from iphoto and imovie?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan BeckerBest settings for importing from iphoto and imovie?
by on Mar 27, 2011 at 1:25:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm struggling here, and could use some advice.

I need to bring my pictures in from iPhoto, and my video from both iMovie and iphoto. How do I learn the best settings? I know I can drag photo's from the iphoto window to the bin window, but I can't seem to get the aspect ratio to match.

1: Is there a way to import media and not have to duplicate that media? Or is the only way M100 works, is to make a copy of that media?

2: How can I know for sure that I've set the proper settings so that I do not degrade or transform the media? Or will it do that no matter what? In the old days, everything would convert to the M100 format with m P6000, Vincent, or NUBUS boards... but now I'm on a Macbook pro, and the picture quality seem to be noticeably different from the originals. Even imported pictures are darker and need a slight color FX adjustment. I'd rather not have to deal with that.

3: What is the best way to drag and drop Media that was captured (copied) from my camera into iMovie, into Media 100? When I do it, it seems that the aspect ratio is never right...

4: Are there good lessons or tutorials for getting media in from iphoto and imovie, or other quicktime sources? I know how to import, but I'm not good at knowing which settings are the best settings for any given movie import. Same with the photos. I know how to import them, but they don't hold their quality or shape!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved