MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

On Another Note, Graphics

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Morgan
On Another Note, Graphics
on Mar 3, 2011 at 4:03:26 pm

Hello Media100ers,
As I mentioned in previous post, after working on the 844x for a while I have come back to Media100 for HD... I was wondering where everyone has landed in the handling of imported graphics. I do like that I can build a set of graphics in Red but it seems I have to keep a folder somewhere with the original graphic source in there, otherwise they become unlinked the next time you reopen the project. When importing graphics into a bin they come in with that funky white alpha which works ok as long as you are dragging them into the time line but if you want to use the bin browser in Red to bring in a graphic the alpha doesn't import properly and every thing shows up white. I like having the graphics in a bin because for a particular client we may have to reprise and update a spot from the year before... I may be missing something obvious. Your insight is appreciated. Jack

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: On Another Note, Graphics
on Mar 3, 2011 at 4:07:04 pm

If you place the Graphics in a Bin, they will work fine in a timeline. If you then need to apply effects to them, you can do that easily from within the timeline. Place the Graphic on the timeline and access Red from within the Graphic. Or do you need several graphics at the same time? You could do that by stacking them on V tracks at the right timecode, and then accessing Red from the topmost graphic. You will have the layers below it available in Red via the V2…V6 tracks.

Return to posts index

Jack Morgan
Re: On Another Note, Graphics
on Mar 3, 2011 at 7:58:53 pm

Ahhh... Accessing the lower layers from within Red. That is the key to what I'm looking for I think.. Thanks, Floh

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]