MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Exporting Problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Morgan
Exporting Problem
on Mar 1, 2011 at 4:25:30 pm

Well, I have come back to Media100 ver. 1.7 after 7 very good years on the 844x. I am figuring everything out ok, so far but am now having a problem exporting for HD delivery. Usually for std def we would just spit out to Beta tape for station dub. Now for HD I will have to send spots out electronically. So that brings me to the problem. When trying to export a full rez 30 sec spot to quicktime I am getting a memory allocation error. I have searched the forum and haven't seen a definitive answer on this. How is everyone getting their HD product out for delivery. I can master to HDcam but but I doubt if all or any of out stations have this format. Thanks in advance for your response. Jack

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Exporting Problem
on Mar 1, 2011 at 6:15:37 pm

I'm by no means a 'tech' guy but when I was faced with this I was told to use the H264 codec. More than that I can't help other than to say I believe that there are a variety of settings within this codec and doubtless others will pile in with more detailed (and probably better) advice.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Mar 2, 2011 at 2:29:35 am

Can you give more details about the error? Is it when something is being rendered, or in the export itself? What are your settings for export to QuickTime? Would export self-contained work for you?

Return to posts index

Jack Morgan
on Mar 2, 2011 at 3:44:45 pm

I have discovered that I can export as self contained, which will work as I can then run it through compressor to turn it in to what ever it needs to be. That is another can of worms in itself as almost every TV station wants to have their own set of specs... Thanks for the replies.... Jack

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]