MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Why can't I reacquire 720 material as 1080?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Tower
Why can't I reacquire 720 material as 1080?
on Feb 23, 2011 at 9:46:38 pm

Just curious why I am unable to reacquire 720 59.94 material as 1080 29.97 clips. The clips were previously acquired as 720, but now I am needing them as 1080. I have a Kona LHe board and cannot cross-convert them, so I must reacquire them from tape. None of the clips appear when I go into batch acquire mode, even if I try to force batch acquire by holding down the "Shift, Control, Option and Command" keys and wait for the warning dialog box to appear.

Is there any particular reason why Media 100 would not let me reacquire the clips? I understand that it is technically a change in frame rate from 59.94 to 29.97, but the In and Out TC times for the clips would be the same for reacquisition from tape.

I am currently running version 1.6.3 on OS 10.6.5. Thank you in advance for any assistance with this!

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

http://www.fiddlerfilms.com

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Why can't I reacquire 720 material as 1080?
on Feb 24, 2011 at 9:12:36 am

Reacquire from different formats is a tricky task. Do you want to reacquire clips only, or a timeline? If it is clips only, you can export your bin as a PowerLog file, and reimport it in the new format. Then you should be able to reacquire the clips.

If you need a timeline, one thing you could try is to export it as an XML, then look into the XML under the "timebase" command (e.g. in TextEdit.app) and to replace it with the needed framerate (which probably is 29.97, but you can check that if you export a timeline in your needed target format). Then set the width and height to the new resolution 1920 x 1080. Make sure that you change the samplecharacteristics and the timebase for your timeline as well as for all clips (most likely best to do a find->Replace all there).

Return to posts index

Jason Tower
Re: Why can't I reacquire 720 material as 1080?
on Feb 24, 2011 at 8:24:28 pm

Floh, you are the BEST! It was indeed clips in a bin that I needed to reacquire, so the PowerLog method you suggested worked perfectly.

Thanks so much for your expert advice!!!

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

http://www.fiddlerfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]