MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Need Assistance With Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derrick WhiteNeed Assistance With Media 100
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:52:25 pm

We are a data recovery company in Montreal, Quebec Canada and have recovered a clients data from a defective hard drive.

Using Quicktime we can watch and listen to the video's but the client need this data imported (linked) back into his media 100.

If anyone can assist us please email me at or phone me at 514-332-2807.

If you know of anyone in the Montreal area that is using Media 100 and knows the program please give us a call.

Thank You Very Much
Derrick White

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Need Assistance With Media 100
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 3:16:28 am

Maybe I can help.
But recovering the data and viewing it in Quicktime doesn't mean it could automatically be relinked to Bins and Programs.
I might be wrong but I think that Media Index has to be recovered as well.
I guess it's worth trying but most likely, without the Index, the program would have to be rebuilt manually.

Eric Pelletier

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Need Assistance With Media 100
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 9:16:01 am

MacOS files contain 2 parts, the resource fork and the data fork, as far as I understand. Media 100 needs both parts (unmodified) to actually relink back to the files, since some metadata about the files is stored in the resource forks, and if these metadata are not there Media 100 cannot "see" the files during a relink attempt. If both parts are there and undamaged Media 100 will automatically relink to the correct files. If not, there is not much you can do about that, except to manually re-edit the timeline or maybe to export an XML of the timeline and to manually add the filepaths for the files into it, and then to do a "Update Media from XML" to get the files back in.
If you need help feel free to post here or to contact me directly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved