MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Any Media 100 Producer users?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ralph conradtAny Media 100 Producer users?
by on Feb 22, 2011 at 11:37:11 pm

I have found that it is impossible to burn a decent DVD with this SW. How are people using Proidcuer? TO generate an edl and import into FCP or vegas or other editor? I have tried every possible test and iMovie>DV stream>Toast results in vibrant video. M100 is unacceptable.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Any Media 100 Producer users?
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:28:32 am

It's certainly not Media 100 that's your problem. I get stunning DVD's from a ProRes HQ HD timeline in Media 100. I export in the same codec to a QT .mov then use BitVice for the downscale and encode. Then format in Studio Pro and burn in Toast. BitVice new versions are fantastic and the downscaling very good indeed. My Blu-Ray discs are of course even better, this time Toast 10 does it all (provided you have the BD plug in). It's just a question of using the right workflow, experimenting and learning. Nothing wrong with Media 100 I can assure you - quite simply the best in my humble opinion.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

ralph conradtRe: Any Media 100 Producer users?
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 5:07:54 pm

thanks for your input. I am on Producer so BitVice no longer works. I emailed them and they said they could not support more than one Version. I am storing your remarks in case a big project comes along.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Doug CalhounRe: Any Media 100 Producer users?
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 5:18:13 pm

Hi Ralph,

I'm not understanding your last post, BitVice is standalone so when you output a ProRes QT file, you can't import it for some reason?

I've output both REF files to Compressor and sent Self Contained ProRes Qtimes out and they've been compressed in BitVice with no issues.

I love M100 BTW.

Doug

Return to posts index

ralph conradtRe: Any Media 100 Producer users?
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:07:54 pm

I have been a Meida 100 customer since the NuBus days so I am a fan. I am using Producer with OS Tiger. Bit Vice no longer supports Tiger. Under requirements it clearly says "10.5". SInce I do mostly volunteer work for non profits I can't upgrade. I am satisfied with the DVDs I am now able to make, but I do have a question. What is a Self Contained ProRes Qtimes. I can output self contained QT Mov. files but I assume Pro Res is different.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Any Media 100 Producer users?
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:48:29 pm

If you capture, import and render with ProRes then your self-contained export will be ProRes. Unfortunately Apple only includes the ProRes compressor with Final Cut so you might not have it.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Any Media 100 Producer users?
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 8:25:52 pm

You mentioned that ProRes is only available with Final Cut Pro. I have been considering buying Logic Pro Studio which includes Apple's Compressor. If I have Compressor, will I have access to the ProRes codecs or would I still need to have Final Cut Pro installed?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:19:01 pm

I don't know for sure but it seems unlikely that they'd bundle a video codec with an audio package.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 26, 2011 at 6:19:29 am

As I mentioned, Apple's Compressor comes as part of the Logic Pro Studio bundle, and of course, Compressor is most assuredly a video program, and by it's very nature works with codecs.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:34:29 pm

Marcus, I have full access to the ProRes codecs and I've never had Final Cut anywhere near my system. I get it listed in the very long list of codecs that I can choose for importing XDCAM footage through the Sony Transfer software.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

by on Feb 28, 2011 at 8:32:47 pm

Hmmm. I downloaded the Sony Log and Transfer software. It won't install because it does not detect FCP on my system. If FCP is not anywhere near your computer how did you manage to install SLT?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 28, 2011 at 10:01:36 pm

Marcus, I'm sorry but I don't know what difference it makes if you have Producer rather than Suite but I don't think that there is any relevance as to which editing software is being used. Sony Transfer is merely re wrapping the XDCAM files into QT.mov and then Media 100 will import them into the codec of your choice (provided it is supported and the list is long). As to my installation I'm afraid I have very little input on that front. I'm a film maker and definately not a computer expert and my kit supplier does the installing of software. I'm sure however that there was no problem, the Transfer app came on a disc with the camera (EX 1).

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

by on Mar 1, 2011 at 12:01:43 am

I think "Log and transfer" may not be the same thing as "Sony XDCAM Transfer" which can be found here

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]