MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Feature request-again.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg MichaelsFeature request-again.
by on Feb 15, 2011 at 8:29:36 pm

I know that this has been talked about in the past, so in the spirit of innovation, how about native XD-Cam support? Calibrated Software has the XD-Decode product, maybe that can be implemented here. The AJA hardware is capable of this, why not support it?

GM

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Feature request-again.
by on Feb 16, 2011 at 9:42:00 am

[Gregg Michaels] "The AJA hardware is capable of this, why not support it?"

Actually the Aja cards donĀ“t do much in terms of decoding - only the scaling from anamorphic material can be offloaded to the card (still, this is nothing which Media 100 really can take advantage of, as far as I know, due to the fact that it works in full aspect timelines all the time).

But I also would love to see native XDCam support!!!

Return to posts index

Gregg MichaelsRe: Feature request-again.
by on Feb 17, 2011 at 7:45:50 pm

Good to hear I'm not the only one pining for this. I just meant that I can import my native XDCam files into FCP with no transcoding, and have it play back/edit in realtime at full resolution. So, is the problem the fact that M100 can't deal with the 1440x1080 resolution versus the 1920x1080 res? Or is it a decoding issue? Just trying to understand where the limitation is.

GM

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Feature request-again.
by on Feb 18, 2011 at 9:18:25 am

[Gregg Michaels] "So, is the problem the fact that M100 can't deal with the 1440x1080 resolution versus the 1920x1080 res? Or is it a decoding issue?"

As far as I know it is an issue with the decoding of XDCam (Long GOP MPEG2) codec files. Unfortunately these are not as easy to implement as "regular" frame-based codecs. The decoding of non full-raster codecs is not a problem, since e.g. various flavors of DVCProHD are not full raster and have to be scaled to fill the image.

Apple is doing some rewriting of QuickTime these days, starting with the OSX 10.6 "QuickTime X Player", which actually takes advantage (or disadvantage) of the new underlying infrastructure. Unfortunately in 10.6 this is not as finished as needed for an editing application, which can be easily seen by the many features that QuickTime Player X lost in comparison with QuickTime 7.

Return to posts index

Jim WisemanRe: Feature request-again.
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:32:51 am

Would love to be able to bring in my EX-1 files for rough edits w/o transcoding.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 1.6.1, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, Macbook Pro Core2Duo, G5 Quadcore PCIe, Media 100i/XR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]