MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

BMD Studio 2 card swap problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noah wightBMD Studio 2 card swap problems
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 2:54:45 pm

I am swapping out the AJA Kona Lhe card for the BMD Decklink Studio2 card. I’m running a G5 quad 2.5ghz system with Media100 1.1.2 which I just upgraded to 1.1.3. Media100 wouldn’t start up after installing the card. I tried reinstalling the software to make it see the different card but have still had the same result. Release notes say that 1.1.3 supports that card but I can’t get past the initial start up to see if that’s the case. Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks. Noah

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: BMD Studio 2 card swap problems
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 3:03:51 pm

You mean that the computer does not start up at all? Or does the Media 100 application not start?

If the computer does not start up, you either have a software/hardware conflict (like the board conflicting with some other hardware in your system, or the board drive being incompatible with your hardware or a component of your system). If Media 100 does not start up, what does happen? Do you get the splashscreen or not? Spinning beachball?

If the computer does not start up at all, go to the BlackMagic website and look if there is a driver that is recommended for your system (OSX variant and PPC platform).

Return to posts index

noah wightRe: BMD Studio 2 card swap problems
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 3:14:56 pm

Thanks Floh. No the computer starts up fine but M100 gets to the first little splash screen, the progress bar for start up reaches the end and it quits. i installed the drivers that came with it but didn't consider the ppc different driver issue. I'll have a look at BMD's site. N

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: BMD Studio 2 card swap problems
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 3:43:30 pm

Have you uninstalled the Aja drivers?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2011 at 4:05:08 pm

Yeah. It seems that the card may not work on anything but an intel mac. I would swear i checked but... Waiting for tech support to open.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2011 at 3:16:26 pm

So for the record, none of the BMD decklink PCIe cards work in the G5s with PCIe slots. Something I really thought I had checked on but a detail no one knew of from Media100 to B&H so I can't feel too stupid. Love it when a base upgrade turns into a hemorrhage of new gear need. Thanks for the help Floh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]