MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Organizing Media

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noah wightOrganizing Media
by on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:00:20 pm

So with the advent of cheap drive space I've become lazy and unorganized with my media. Rather than starting new projects with every new job I've been just using one main goto project and now all the media's in one monstrous folder. Totally JV and now it's time to pay the piper. I'm between jobs for a week and want to wrestle the problem into submission. With the TV Station I have lots of bumps and commercials with media i can't loose so it has to be a careful process. I'm thinking Find Media used and unused per bin and associated program is the way to go. An added complication is that I have one system on the intro Suite version and another of the last version 8. The ultimate aim will be to archive older projects/jobs and just organize current media. The majority is sd so smaller more manageable file sizes. Anyone have suggestions to make this process efficient and a little less of a drag? Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Organizing Media
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 1:23:10 pm

In Suite 1.5 and up you can use the "Collect Media from Program/Bin/Project" command to collect all used files in a single folder. This way you can easily make sure that you have all media needed for a project in a central place.

In earlier versions this has to be done manually, I guess. Personally we try to locate all media files that are used regularly in a separate folder so that we can delete the "Project media" folder of a project when it is done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved