MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing P2 into Media 100 HD version 11.5

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew AbbotImporting P2 into Media 100 HD version 11.5
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 8:23:46 pm

When I select project settings, and and then HD, and press ok, when I go back to codecs, it switches to SD.
Does anyone know why this happens?

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Importing P2 into Media 100 HD version 11.5
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 9:51:24 pm

[Andrew Abbot] "When I select project settings, and and then HD, and press ok, when I go back to codecs, it switches to SD."

That doesn't necessarily mean that you will be digitizing in SD... it's merely a switch that indicates what codec you want if you digitize in SD. What you set in your preferences as your 'Video Input' dictates whether you're working in HD or SD, then your input uses whatever codec chosen in your project settings.

HTH.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Importing P2 into Media 100 HD version 11.5
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 11:29:28 am

I know, this can cause confusion but as Gary says, the codec won't have changed. If you need to be convinced just extend your bin, set the 'view' to include 'codec' and check the actual codec of the clip.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Importing P2 into Media 100 HD version 11.5
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 8:26:12 pm

Well, technically it happens because that window simply defaults to the first tab, which is SD, when it opens. But if you import something that has to be transcoded (e.g., it's not in a codec that Media 100 Suite can play directly) and you import it as HD, then the HD settings are used (and you can change them from the Import dialog).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]