MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Player for movies created for Media 100xs

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald LeggioPlayer for movies created for Media 100xs
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 12:13:48 am

I created some animations and After Effect to use with a Media 100xs system a few years ago. I no longer have the Media 100 system but would like to use the movies for my demo reel. The other caveat is I only have a Windows 7 laptop. Does anyone know if a way to convert these files from the Media 100 NTSC to any format that I could use?

I know Media 100 was available on the Windows operating system and don't know if there is a codec that would allow me to view these on my PC Win7 laptop.

Many thanks!
Steve

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Player for movies created for Media 100xs
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 10:42:08 am

There is no Windows version of the Media 100 codec anymore. There was a version (the iFinish transcoder), but some Windows Quicktime update broke the functionality, and since these days most people use different codecs like ProRes anyway it never got re-engineered to work on current Windows QuickTime versions.
If you have a Mac somewhere you can download the free codec from media100.com. If not, maybe you can post the files somewhere (e.g. on an FTP server) where I can download and convert them for you.

Return to posts index

Ronald LeggioRe: Player for movies created for Media 100xs
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 9:51:11 pm

Thanks for the response... If I can find a Mac, where would I find the codec and what is the file name to download? Is it a plug in or add on for Quicktime of is it a stand alone program? I just would like some way to convert to any current format that I could use on Windows 7.

I thought I may be out of luck since this is 2011 and that was back in 2000-2004 that I created these. I'll keep your contact information and see what I can find out on my end. I just recently relocated to Guam so my resources are somewhat limited.

RSL

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Player for movies created for Media 100xs
by on Jan 15, 2011 at 5:40:38 pm

The codecs are free, and you can get a 15 day free trial of the latest version of Media 100 Suite at
http://media100.com/support/downloads.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]