MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Color Grading options

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim brodieColor Grading options
by on Dec 23, 2010 at 10:58:40 am

Seasons Greetings,

I was curious to whether or not M100 users who color grade within FCP with Color find Magic Bullet's Colorista II a more intuitive and easier process to color correct their shows. I have to confess that I've generally done all my color grading within M100 but now realize that I need to broaden my skill base in color grading. Your input is most appreciated.

Return to posts index

Andy TaplinRe: Color Grading options
by on Dec 23, 2010 at 12:22:46 pm

Magic Bullet Colorista and Looks are indeed great tools and not too hard to use.

My workflow at the moment is to do some basic colour correction/levels adjustment in M100 and then when the edit's finished export to After Effects and then use Colorista and Looks to do the final grade.

I'm hoping that at some point M100 will open up their plug-in architecture to be able to use the plug-ins that we use in FCP and After Effects within M100. In my opinion this would be the single most valuable feature M100 could implement.

I'm assuming it would be technically possible but would need a considerable rewrite of the code. I've asked for this in the past but seen no comment from M100 - how about it Wickham? Is it doable? Is it desirable as far as you're concerned?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved