MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Osama BIN Laden - where are my Bins?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FoersterOsama BIN Laden - where are my Bins?
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 4:43:01 am

Ok got a weird one here or - I've been up too late.
Media 100 1.5.1
Quicktime 10
Aja Lhe 8.0
I can create new bins in a brand new project window but the bin itself is hiding, I can't digitize cause I can't find the actual bin. The project window lists it as open (I can't even name/rename it) but I can't "physically" find the Bin anywhere.
WTF??
thx
Mark

Return to posts index

Christopher KinsmanRe: Osama BIN Laden - where are my Bins?
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 6:01:16 am

Seem to remember this happening once before. What I'm thinking is a bin got tossed out of viewable area on your monitor. Go to your monitor settings and change them to the largest possible. This will show more of the desktop - and you may be able to see a corner of the bin. Then you can drag the bin back to proper placement. Just a thought and I hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Chris K.

Return to posts index

Mark FoersterRe: Osama BIN Laden - mac thinks I have 2 Monitors
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 1:04:04 pm

Update to my problem, the reason I couldn't find the BIN is that my mac thinks I have 2 monitors.
The Bin was open on the other "desktop."
I just recently plugged in a single 30 cinema display. The old display was also a single not a double.
OS X thinks I have 2 monitors - does anyone have a routine for removing a monitor?
Do I need to zap the pram? and How do I do that in snow leopard?
Many thanks
Mark FOerster
Toronto

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Osama BIN Laden - mac thinks I have 2 Monitors
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:31:52 pm

You can use the "Arrange all" command from the Windows menu to snap all windows to their home positions. Everything should be back on your screen.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Osama BIN Laden - mac thinks I have 2 Monitors
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 5:48:39 pm

Some AV cards can be configured to appear as an additional monitor. If Media 100 thinks you have 2 monitors then Arrange Windows will put some windows on the second one. Check your System Prefs Displays pane. Check the control panel for your card. I think AJA has two installers for each card: one with the monitor and one without. BlackMagic might set that from the control panel.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Osama BIN Laden - mac thinks I have 2 Monitors
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 9:47:39 pm

I have a similar problem for which the workaround has been simple enough that I haven't tried to find a better, more permanent fix.

My main system has a Kona 3 card which gives the option of displaying the desktop through the external video monitor. About 20% of the time when I start up in the morning the dock, which I keep on the left side, is gone. I have to re-assign it to the bottom so I can access the AJA control panel which I then turn to becoming a mac monitor, then turn it back to test pattern and viola(!) I can then return the dock to the left side of my main screen.

A pain, but not quite up to the level of invading Afghanistan.

Return to posts index

Mark FoersterRe: Osama BIN Laden - mac thinks I have 2 Monitors
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:26:09 pm

Not Bad - thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]