MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problem with Boris TItle Suite

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janet BoyntonProblem with Boris TItle Suite
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 7:03:10 pm

Today I have not been able to edit titles in my latest Media 100 program. The error message says the "Boris TItle Suite Filter plugin was not found. Make sure the plugin is installed in the Graphics folder." Does anyone out there have a clue how to fix this? This is the first time I have had this problem and the M100 Tech Support team is off for the long holiday weekend..

For almost a year with nearly every new project, I have had a series of issues and problems with my M100 NLE system, including importing XDCam files, not being able to acquire Beta SP footage, clips stopping playing in the Edit Suite, etc.

Boris Tech Support has helped me to solve most of them, but I still cannot acquire Beta. The Media 100 version I have is 1.6.1 (Intel). Has anyone else had difficulties with this version?

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Problem with Boris TItle Suite
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 1:01:30 pm

Sounds like you may have HD problems.

Run DiscWarrior on all your discs.

Here are a few other things to try, if you have not done so yet.

Trash your M100 prefs. Do an uninstall and reinstall of the Suite. Remove any odd QT files from the Library/Quicktime folder.

Sometimes it helps to buy a new HD and reinstall everything clean on that. If you have an open bay in your machine this is easy and cheap to do. And then when everything is working well keep a clone of your system drive. If you have new problems after installing something then just go back to the system that works.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Janet BoyntonRe: Problem with Boris TItle Suite
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 6:27:50 pm

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I did run the Disc Utility on my Mac HD but the Title Suite problem has persisted. Also when I had another problem recently, the Tech Support guy had me drag the Media 100 Preferences folder out of the HD. What I haven't tried yet is uninstalling and re-installing the Media 100 Suite. That will be the next step.

Thanks again for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved