MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Export function crashes: Producer 13.0.4

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Vandeweghe
Export function crashes: Producer 13.0.4
on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:09:58 pm

Hi,
Last night I when to export a short program-line edit and after clicking "Export" from the "File" menu, I got the Mac spinning beach-ball for 30 seconds and then M-100 quit. This happen a few more times after relaunching M-100. I then tried going back to a recent project that I was able to export just the other day and tried to re-export that project and the same thing happen, the M-100 application quit.

I ran "Verify & Repair Disk" - zap the P-RAM and rebooted the Mac. But the problem is still there. I also removed the Media 100 preference folder and relaunch M-100, but still I can not Export.

Any ideas?

Robert

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Export function crashes: Producer 13.0.4
on Sep 30, 2010 at 6:37:03 pm

Do you have installed a new quicktime codec? Anything unusual in your Library->QuickTime folder?

Return to posts index

Robert Vandeweghe
on Sep 30, 2010 at 6:57:10 pm

Floh,

Thanks for your response. I have not up dated my QuickTime - I am using Qt v7.6.0.

I checked out the QT folder in the apps library. The last time that I exported out of M-100 was on 9/14 - Interestingly there are two files in the QT folder from that same date:
AC3MoiveImport.Component

and
SMIQuickTimeExportComponent.component.

I don't know if that is unusual or not.

Robert

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:13:00 pm

Drag them to the desktop and see what happens. If the app still crashes you can move them back to the Library->QuickTime folder anyway.

Return to posts index

Robert Vandeweghe
on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:19:59 pm

Floh,

I dragged the two files from the QT Library folder and then I tried to export my video edit from M-100 time-line and this time it worked!

Thank you so much! If I can ever be of service let me know!

Best regards,

Robert

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:35:47 pm

I can confirm that SMIQuickTimeExportComponent.component causes many issues with the export process in Media100 of old and new. It gets installed with Sorenson Squeeze. I have passed this info along to the support guys, but I don't know of a resolution other than to remove it from the QT folder.

GM

Return to posts index

Robert Vandeweghe
on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:44:34 pm

Floh,

As I told you, I had exported a video out of M-100 on 9/14. After that I wanted to make a Flash version for the web. I was not happy with the quality of the QT version "flash" so I down-load a trial version of Sorenson Squeeze. I was happy with the quality of Sorenson Squeeze flash and hope the teck-guys can work out the bugs!

Once again, thanks for your help!

Have a great day,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]