MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Shifting M100 application file to another hard drive

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce McPhersonShifting M100 application file to another hard drive
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 12:54:18 pm

Hi All,
I am wondering how to shift my M100 application file off a older IDE drive to a newer SATA drive in my G5.When I do this I get a message saying that it cannot find a quicktime file it needs.
My app came as a download direct from M100 and I dont have a copy of the data on a DVD (silly of me).
Are you able to point me in the right direction :-)
Cheers Bruce

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Shifting M100 application file to another hard drive
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:35:38 pm

The easiest way would be to re-download the installer and reinstall. Otherwise you need to start searching for the missing files on your old HD.

Return to posts index

Bruce McPhersonRe: Shifting M100 application file to another hard drive
by on Aug 19, 2010 at 11:57:19 am

Thanks Floh, Trouble is that I dont have an "install disc" as mine was a download install.I will get in touch with M100 for a new download.
( My systen is sited on a IDE drive in a FW800 external drive and I want to change to a bigger SATA drive internally in the G5, and the app doesnt like being resited :-(
Cheers
Bruce

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Shifting M100 application file to another hard drive
by on Aug 19, 2010 at 8:03:31 pm

On the Media 100 website are various older versions available for download (as long as you have the matching encryption code). So simply re-download your version and install it.

Return to posts index

Bruce McPhersonRe: Shifting M100 application file to another hard drive
by on Aug 20, 2010 at 2:05:52 am

Yes, Thanks Floh, allready done that. The way it works is that the nice folk at M100 have set these downloads up with a trial version startup so you can finish that urgent project you were working on before the drive went sideways, - giving you breathing space to sort out the unlock codes - this is a lifesaver when the pressure is on......
Thanks again for your help
Bruce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]