MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Spot Shadow?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
family tree videoSpot Shadow?
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 2:33:46 pm

I'm hoping someone may have a suggestion. I would like to spot shadow a football player during a play. Ideally, I would move the spot shadow with him but I also could just spot shadow him at the beginning of the play to identify where he is and then remove it.
I'm working with an older version of Media 100....8.2. I also have a Sony DFS-300 switcher. Does anyone know if this equipment is capable of producing that effect? If not, is there a newer version of Media 100 that can do this? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmondRe: Spot Shadow?
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 4:06:10 pm

When you say spot shadow, I assume you mean something like highlighting the player so everyone knows who to follow. If that's the case, the quickest and easiest thing would be to export a freeze frame from where the clip will begin, open it in Photoshop, draw an elipse (or do a detailed bezier outline, depending on how much time you have) over the subject, change the brightness/contrast of the selected outline, and then save Photoshop file that as your new starting frame (same dimensions as your video frame). Then import that file into Media 100 (this will work on any version of Media 100 -- I did it for a client years ago). In your program timeline, place it in front of your clip and drag/stretch the freeze frame clip however long you want it.

If you want to follow the subject throughout your clip, well, that sounds like a job for After Effects:

Hope this helps...

Return to posts index

family tree videoRe: Spot Shadow?
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 4:25:40 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved