MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Using BorisRED while Media100 renders?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Koszarsky
Using BorisRED while Media100 renders?
on Aug 5, 2010 at 8:26:09 pm

I'm working on a project with several BorisRED comp clips & title layers in Media100. Two of the comp clips are rendering and it will be another 40 minutes (estimated) on my aging dual-G5.

While that render is chugging away, is it possible for me to launch the BorisRED stand-alone engine and access one of the other comp or title clips for some tweaks? Is there a file in the project media folder that I can open in BorisRED without screwing up my Media100 project?

Thanks,
Jaeson

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: Using BorisRED while Media100 renders?
on Aug 5, 2010 at 9:21:26 pm

I do not see why you can't launch RED standalone while Media100/RED is rendering. It will not speedup the render but it should be OK.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Aug 5, 2010 at 9:38:50 pm

I've used the BorisRed Engine app and Media100 at the same time previously but separately, however what I want to do in this instance is use BorisRed to edit a clip that I created on a Media100 timeline. The clip isn't something that I exported as a consolidated project.

Is there a file saved within the Media100 project's media folder that I can open up as a project inside BorisRed? And if there is such a file, is there any chance that accessing files in the Media100 project's media folder will result in crashing?

In the RENDERED MEDIA folder within the project's MEDIA folder, there are files ending in .HAL and .RTI, is one of these a BorisRed project file?

Thanks,
Jaeson

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Aug 6, 2010 at 9:06:54 am

[Jaeson Koszarsky] "In the RENDERED MEDIA folder within the project's MEDIA folder, there are files ending in .HAL and .RTI, is one of these a BorisRed project file? "

No, the "project" file is integrated in the Media 100 timeline file. So you cannot access your Red projects that you have created in Media 100 from the standalone Red application, as long as you did not save them as projects from within Red (when accessing it from Media 100). You could save your project and then modify it from within the Red standalone app, but you would need to put them back into your timeline again since there is no linking between standalone Red projects and the one within your Media 100 timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]