MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing AVCHD via clipwrap - What's it actually doing?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Hamilton
Importing AVCHD via clipwrap - What's it actually doing?
on Jul 30, 2010 at 8:54:21 pm

I imported footage via clipwrap that was shot with a warm look to it. It looks just like it did on the monitor in the field. However when I manually import the very same quicktime that clipwrap makes, the colours change (the shots get much oranger). No matter what settings I try the results when I manually import the quicktime clipwrap made are different then when I import via clipwrap. Also if I import the same clip twice via clipwrap, the previous imported clip goes offline. My media standard is set to ProRes LT, and the bin says that the clips are all ProRes LT, although the clip going offline suggests the Media 100 is using the re-wrapped AVCHD natively.

My settings in ClipWrap are set to just rewrap and not re-encode.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Importing AVCHD via clipwrap - What's it actually doing?
on Jul 31, 2010 at 6:07:51 pm

For AVCHD the import is a 2 step process. First the clips get rewrapped from MXF into QickTime, then the QuickTime gets imported into Media 100 as whatever codec you chose. Sounds like your clips should be ProRes in the end. Not really sure what your problem is; is it the fact that the clips via ClipWrap look different than before??

Return to posts index

Robin Hamilton
Re: Importing AVCHD via clipwrap - What's it actually doing?
on Aug 3, 2010 at 6:19:48 pm

Yeah if I import via clipwrap, the clips look different than when I manually import the clips after just re-wrapping the clips to quicktime. Same codec, same media standard. Also, when I look at the clips in list view, the Source Media File Size reports the clips at slightly different sizes, which tells me something different is happening to the clips. Gonna try some more tests.

-Robin Hamilton

Motion Graphics Designer
Visual Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]