MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

missing audio bus

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Fraziermissing audio bus
by on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:31:37 pm

While editing my second project since upgrading from M100 8.2.3, I decided to use a second audio bus to adjust the music bed levels, instead of having to adjust multiple layers at a time. Once I had everything mixed, I exported as by-reference to import into Bitvice for MPEG rendering, but the second bus (ALL of the music) was not there. I checked, and the output for bus 2 was the same as bus 1, so I assumed it would be treated no differently.

I ended up re-assigning all of the music tracks back to bus 1, mixed them individually, and re-exported the by-reference file. This works, but I'd really like to be able to use the multiple audio buses that are now at my disposal.

I checked the M100 manual section on exporting, and didn't find any reference to this. And the sections on Audio seem to be lifted from the 8.2.3 manual and don't reference multiple buses, just the old-style single bus.

Thanks for any and all help on this.

Mark

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: missing audio bus
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 3:08:20 pm

Mark,

I can look into this.

What is the exact version of Media 100 you are running?

-Matt M.

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: missing audio bus
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 5:04:21 pm

Matthew, I'm running M100 Suite v1.5
Mac OS 10.6.3
2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 GB memory

Thanks for looking into this.

Mark

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: missing audio bus
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 3:09:24 pm

Have you tried exporting with the "Buses as separate Tracks" option?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 18, 2010 at 5:46:17 pm

When exporting with the "Buses as separate tracks", I can at least get both buses to play back in a Quicktime preview, but they disappear when rendering in Bitvice. Using the "Stereo" setting won't even get the bus into the Quicktime mix.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 9, 2010 at 4:50:49 pm

Another project, another round of audio tests......

Floh, even when exporting as "Buses as separate tracks", Bitvice didn't see the extra buses. I had to export them separately through QT, then into DVDSP. That worked just fine, but if there was a way to get Bitvice to do that, it would be one less step in the process. Any clues as to the audio treatment in Bitvice?

Thanks again for all you do for us!

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]