MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Replace Media?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben MastersonReplace Media?
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:02:23 pm

I edited a program in M100 Suite 1.5 and used a demo version of some audio for it to see if it would work. I ended up with a lot of edits and such in the audio, and I now need to replace the demo version with the purchased version. It is exactly the same only there is no watermark on it. I can't seem to be able to replace the media. I have tried importing the new sound file, then deleting the original and
Then I renamed the newly created media in the Media folder to the old names. It doesn't find them. It does however find the old ones if I don't delete them, even when they are on another drive and still wants to point to these. Is there any way to do this, or am i going to have to re-edit all the music?

(I can export the program to After Effects, then replace the audio media that way and render it...however then it becomes flattened and I would rather keep my nodes.

On similar note, is there anyway to "Batch Reaquire" quicktime movies? Like if I had a quicktimes rendered from aftereffects on the timeline, then updated and re-rendered the quicktimes (all the same length etc.), can I relink them?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: place Media?
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:23:43 pm

This can be done relatively easily, but not automatically. You can drag a clip onto another one while holding CTRL and Command to get the optons what to replace. You would want to replace audio media only.
The approach would be: double-click your clip on the timeline, Copy the Mark In TC, double click the new clip and paste mark in. Then Command-drag on the old clip on the timeline. Move to next clip…

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved