MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

text scroll field order

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremy Rowelltext scroll field order
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:19:32 pm

A client just emailed a commercial spot that has a text scroll and I'm having a terrible time making it readable. It plays good in QT (obviously because it on a monitor) But out of media 100 through the AJA it is very hard to read. The file is an H264 QT 720x480. I tried taking it in AE and rendering it out lower, upper, and no fields QT animation. All looked equally bad. I also tried moving it up 1 pixel and rendering it out, no dice. I know if I call the client I'll get the "it looks fine on my monitor" answer. I also hesitate to call, as I do not know the exact fix to this problem. I know it's an interlacing issue, but I can't figure out any way to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I need to lay it off on BetaSP where it will be digitized to a server for broadcast play-out.

Jeremy Rowell

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: text scroll field order
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 6:54:45 pm

What format and codec were used to build the spot? What are you viewing it on?... an external TV/monitor?

This is me - this is what I do -

Return to posts index

jeremy RowellRe: text scroll field order
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:52:27 pm

It was sent to me as a QT h264. I don't know what the client cut it on or his work flow. M100 source window plays it fine as does QT Because I'm viewing it on a monitor). Viewing the spot on the media 100 SDI out via AJA through HDlink on my external Apple Cinema Display shows the jagged text scroll. everything else in the spot looks clean.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved