MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

re-link media

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Cann
re-link media
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:06:05 pm

I will have to open a project after the media has been moved to a different drive.

Do I simply:

Open project -> Media 100 Suite -> Project Setting -> Media location -> Add -> select new drive.

Then... Media -> re-link media...?

Does anything change if the content is P2?

Please advise.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: re-link media
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:08:53 pm

You can do one of the 2 options. If you use the "Add" command you should not have to relink. And if you relink the correct folders will be added automatically. I´d try the relink, and it should not matter if the footage is from P2 or something else.

Return to posts index

Frank Cann
on Jun 9, 2010 at 2:12:22 pm

This has become a bit more complex. The media that has been moved to a new drive was restored by a company that specializes in that. I should be receiving the drive today. - they told me that the good news is all of the media files are there and appear to be good... the bad news is the file names appear to have been lost.

If this is the case - do I figured out the files based on the Time Code - then rename as the original name - then re-link?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jun 9, 2010 at 2:53:04 pm

I would try the relink first. IF the files are really okay and complete (containing all original data) they should relink even with different names. Media 100 looks for some ID it writes into the file headers, and in case the headers are okay it should relink.
Otherwise this could get a lot more difficult.

Return to posts index

Frank Cann
on Jun 9, 2010 at 4:48:16 pm

I tried the re-link with no luck. Oddly enough as it searches for each file - it's checking my Mac Pro HD and as well as this new drive with the recovered files - but it does not seem to be checking this new drive for very long - just a blink per file search.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:01:24 pm

If there are not many folders on the new drive the search should be pretty fast there. One thing you could try is to manually import one of the files (e.g. by dragging it on the Media 100 app icon). Perhaps copying the file on your startup drive as a backup could be a good idea.
Does it import correctly then? Can you play it back in Media 100?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:02:32 pm

Ah, and make sure that the drive your files are on is actually a mac drive. It somewhat sounds like you had a HD crash, and sometimes these data recovery companies put the files on a Windows drive which cannot be used (or at least should not) with Media 100.

Return to posts index

Frank Cann
on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:37:27 pm

Yes - I'm able to import a file from the recovered data and play it back in M100. Does this give you any insight?

The company that recovered the files organized them in folders based on file type.

The drive has about 900 GB - that's why I mentioned that it seems to be checking the drive a bit fast (a blink).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]