MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

"Media file is offline"... Oh Really?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Stone"Media file is offline"... Oh Really?
by on May 5, 2010 at 6:45:12 pm

Here's a strange issue.

(Running M100 Ste 1.5.1 with 720 30PN P2 footage ingested)

I've gotten the "Unrecoverable Error" dialog a couple of times now, and so have trashed the prefs and started to slowly open files and folders to figure out where the issue may lie.

Most of the media returns when I open a bin, but one of the files is showing up missing. (File name in italics). Clicking on the filename gives me the "Media File is Offline" dialog. A search for the filename takes me to the file in the finder, where I can play it just fine in a QT window. Other media in the same folder links to the bin just fine.

Is there any way to tell M-100 that this is where the media file lives?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: "Media file is offline"... Oh Really?
by on May 5, 2010 at 6:46:23 pm

This sounds as if the media file is damaged. Maybe this one is the reason for your crashes…

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: "Media file is offline"... Oh Really?
by on May 5, 2010 at 7:25:42 pm

Not famailiar with this format, but if you can play it as a QuickTime file, can't you just re import the file into M100? Or export it with QT in a format that would fit the timeline specs. I would then trash the original...

Return to posts index

Gary StoneRe: "Media file is offline"... Oh Really?
by on May 5, 2010 at 7:37:02 pm

Thanks for the responses...

Yes I can (and have) reimported the original P2 media. Since there was only 2 shots from that file, it was probably the quickest workaround.

What I did notice tho, is that the source media file name and reel name somehow has been renamed to "iStock+_iStock_-Diss". I realize that the name comes from a rendered dissolve file generated from a couple of still images, but why - and how - did M100 do this? )And... is it possible to peek "backstage" anywhere to rewrite this?... At which point I'm sure to open up more problems.)

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe:
by on May 5, 2010 at 8:00:59 pm

re-generating the file with a QT export would let you rename it (rename the file) just make sure you keep track of TC in case you have to redigitize someday.

anyway I'm not sure that the file name on the hard drive will affect your work...

but, if that bugs you rename it in the bin not on the drive-Clip name and Reel name.

Do you still have access to the original footage, I would probably redigitize this one...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]