MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

different gamma when importing Uncompressed 10 bit HD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fermin Branger
different gamma when importing Uncompressed 10 bit HD
on May 4, 2010 at 7:45:50 pm

Hi, I have to work with Uncompressed 10 bit HD video but when I import it (to ProResHQ) I get the image with totally different gamma, Blacks and highlights hypercontrasted.
How can I work with this media without loosing the original dinamic range of the image?

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: different gamma when importing Uncompressed 10 bit HD
on May 5, 2010 at 2:48:29 pm

hmmm, where do you export it from; in other words, if you have Uncompressed HD material, how do you convert it to ProRes?

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on May 5, 2010 at 3:03:28 pm

Thanks Floh,
..when importing from M100 (checking import media to the media standard and codec). Before that, I made a test converting trough Quicktime with great results, but without time code, and I need it to replace media for online version before export to DPX.
Thanks

fermin

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on May 5, 2010 at 6:49:16 pm

This probably is related to a transcoding issue; when exporting a QuickTime you can select either full RGB0-255 range or video RGB16-235 range. Unfortunately you cannot do that for file imports, so all incoming files will be treated as if they have a 16-235 range. Since you are feeding in a 0-255 image you get too much contrast. This is for conversions only, though, so all files that do fast-import come in correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]