MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Chromakey issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenChromakey issues
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 3:49:17 am

I am using a 30 second Jump Back as background for chroma key footage. My issue is I have to use several instances to cover the length of the clip, but I can't seem to get the clips join together smoothly in Media 100. There are always about 6 frames of the "naked" chromakey footage exposed at every "seam". What am I doing wrong? Why can't I just butt together the 30 second Jump Back clip and extend the chromakey seamlessly? I can kind of do this through RED, but I like the quality of the Media 100 key much better. The RED key is washed out, compared to the Media 100 key. The Media 100 key works without tweaking.

Also, when I do key through RED, I can't get the Jump Back to loop correctly. There is always a jump at the seams.

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Chromakey issues
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:49:49 pm

I'm really not sure what the problem is.

If you save out the program, compress it, and e-mail it to me ( I can take a look.

The media would also be helpful. You could send it via

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Chromakey issues
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 8:37:31 pm

Marcus, you may need to create a seamless Jumpback by butting the clip end to end (make sure there's not a "jump cut" at the butt point - there are a couple of their clips that actually have a duplicate frame at the beginning and ending of the clip) to the length you need (a little longer isn't a bad idea), set a range for the length and export as a new movie file. Import the new clip and use it as your background without any seams.

Hope this isn't too late to help.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Chromakey issues
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:28:48 am

I'll give this a try. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved