MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

appying an effect to multiple or range of clips

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian johnston
appying an effect to multiple or range of clips
on Apr 16, 2010 at 6:43:03 pm

Is there a way to apply an effect to multiple clips at a time - as opposed to doing them individually? I've tried highlighting clips, then choosing "apply effects to selected clips" under the "tools" menu drop down, but nothing happens?

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
Re: appying an effect to multiple or range of clips
on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:05:06 pm

This works with applying effects and colorFX.

Select all the clips in the timeline including the one with the effect your wanting to propagate. Double click on the clip with the effect. Then choose apply effect or color fx from the tools pull down menu.

That should be it.

GM

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 17, 2010 at 10:44:09 pm

In common with Brian I have found that this does NOT do it.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Apr 18, 2010 at 12:46:04 pm

Sorry guys, I'm probably not explaining it correctly. I'm on Suite 1.5.1 and the 'apply colorFX to selected clips' side is definitely working on my system. What effects are you applying? I would like to try to duplicate it to confirm whether it's working or not on my system.

GM

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Apr 18, 2010 at 5:52:16 pm

I started to write a post to agree with you Gregg but then I re-read the original post. Brian is not referring to ColorFX, which can be applied to multiple clips using the method you describe (that same method is also used, and works, when applying Audio Effects to multiple clips). I believe he is talking about ClipFX and TimeFX, and he is absolutely correct... can't be done... at least I can't seem to do it either.

One thing that has changed somewhere along the line is adjusting the clip speed in TimeFX. In earlier versions of Media 100 when I selected a clip in a timeline, changed the speed and applied, it would change the clip in the timeline - very convenient. Now it creates the clip in whatever bin is active and I have to manually replace the clip in the timeline. The Strobe effect still sort of works this way (changes in the timeline, but only when you "Apply" it - not when you "Create" it), but you can't apply that effect to multiple clips either. Actually, the Strobe effect doesn't seem to "Create" anything - you have to "Apply" it.

For me, I much prefer the old way, and if the engineers at BorisFX can make it work that way again I'd be even happier with my Media 100 Suite.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:48:32 pm

One thing that has changed somewhere along the line is adjusting the clip speed in TimeFX. In earlier versions of Media 100 when I selected a clip in a timeline, changed the speed and applied, it would change the clip in the timeline - very convenient

I don't recall this but I haven't been around Media 100 as long as some of you guys.

Basically the issue is though, that the Time FX is going to change the duration of the clip if you applied directly to the timeline.

Return to posts index

brian johnston
on Apr 19, 2010 at 2:25:16 pm

Thanks. This method actually does work (media100 sde 13.0.4). It works with color effects as well as effects applied in Boris. However, instead of clicking the "apply color effects to selected clips" you simply choose the "apply effect to selected clips" Just remember to render clip prior.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:06:16 pm

[brian johnston] "It works with color effects as well as effects applied in Boris."

Why did I think it wouldn't work with effects applied in Boris?... silly me. I like it when I learn something new... thanks Brian.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]