MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XDCAM Transfer tool, on a mac book pro probs

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Crowe
XDCAM Transfer tool, on a mac book pro probs
on Apr 13, 2010 at 10:19:43 am

Okay, so I think I discovered what the problem is I had getting clips off the SXS card I posted a couple of days ago. I was using a third party card (not sony) and the supplier told me they are having all sorts of complaints about this brand doing this kind of thing.

So now I'm one 32GB card down for my shoot in a couple of days. I've got an 8GB and a 16GB sony card but now I'm a bit worried I might run out of space. I would just buy another card but for some reason none of my local suppliers have any in stock - arrgh!

So anyway (while I'm desperately trying to borrow a card) , I've decided to load M100 suite onto my MAC BOOK PRO (OSX 10.6.2 with loads of RAM) which I've done successfully. Now I'm planning to use the sony transfer tool to import everything into bins on an external drive during breaks. I'll then get an assistant to back those up to blue ray or something. But I wanted to test this first. See how long it would take etc...

My problem is, for some reason the Sony Transfer tool won't down load properly.

I followed these instructions on the M100 site: http://www.media100.com/tutorial/XDCAM.php

I've done this before on my tower machine no-worries. But thats not running snow leopard, the MACBOOK PRO is - could this be the problem?

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
Re: XDCAM Transfer tool, on a mac book pro probs
on Apr 13, 2010 at 10:37:39 am

ops sorry, double post...

oh yeah, forgot to mention the XDCAM EX log and transfer tool downloads and says it has loaded but it hasn't turned up in the applications folder!? Am I missing something? This is where it parked itself on my tower machine.

Cheers
PAul

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Apr 13, 2010 at 12:57:28 pm

I think the XDCam tools are not Snow Leopard compatible right now, but maybe I am wrong about that. HavenĀ“t checked that recently.

Did the file download correctly? Did you run the installer?
Try importing some XDCam footage from Media 100. Does the transfer app open up?

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 13, 2010 at 5:58:42 pm

Gentlemen, Snow Leopard and XDCAM Transfer do work together, I have version 2.11.0 working fine on my new MacPro.

Tell me Paul, why did you take the trouble to put Media 100 onto your MacBook for location downloading? I download BPAV files direct from the camera on to small portable drives (via the MacBook) without using Media 100. Craig will urge you to do this using Clip Browser (with CRC on) for safety although I have to confess I merely drag and drop into folders I have named BPAV (followed by the shoot date).

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Apr 13, 2010 at 9:14:37 pm

Thanks for your help guys

mike, I downloaded M100 because I wanted to get everything into bins ready for the edit and if we had the time possibly do some rough assembles in the field.

I might try copying the BPAV folders as you suggested. The transfer tool is proving elusive this time round. I have it working on my tower just fine.

In the mean time Michael, if you get a moment could you please post a link to exactly where you downloaded v 2.11.0 from. I tried to get it from the sony website but no joy.

Oh yeah, whats CRC?

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 14, 2010 at 10:22:58 am

Paul, I just checked, I certainly have version 2.11.0 of the XDCAM Transfer on my MacPro with Media 100 Suite 1.5. I didn't install it myself, when I upgraded last week my suppliers, New Media Research of London did that with all the other software.

CRC is the security check that Clip Browser does in comparing the files before and after downloading to make sure they are identical and therefore transferred correctly in their entirety.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Apr 13, 2010 at 9:23:24 pm

Mi again mike,

i just noticed the version i was trying to load from here...

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-...

is version 2.10.0 and not 2.11.0 as you mentioned you had working okay. Do you think this could be the problem. 2.11.0 isn't even available on this sony site. SO yeah, again, Id be really keen to find out where you got it from. Every link I've followed to it is dead!

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Apr 13, 2010 at 9:59:31 pm

try 2.11 from here:

http://support.sonybiz.ca/esupport/xDownloadWindow.asp?Cy0KXHJjKR4tFB8CQBJU...BAmQ2fRV4QBRXGW9lX2pXCGlWGCgHdy5eCHlAXyZfCAcHTSpUAjYfBBd3LgUr

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:07:38 am

okay cool. thanks for that Matt. that link was solid and I now have M100 suite 1.5 running seamless with XDCAM transfer 2.11 on the macbook pro using snow leopard - yehaa! thanks heaps.

Now just gotta work out whats causing the same problem with the XDCAM transfer tool with M100 V1.3 on the macpro tower running standard leopard.

Oh yeah, will a project opened and/or created in V1.5 work in 1.3 - doubt it, right?

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:17:12 am

If you don't use the new formats in the timeline, you should be able to open them in 1.1.3, I think.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Apr 14, 2010 at 1:31:38 pm

Glad that works.

It should, you just can't bring them back to pre "suite" version of M100.

Return to posts index

David Young
on Apr 16, 2010 at 9:08:13 am

Hi Paul,

You can use Sony's Clip Browser software that will manage the transfer of the clips to your laptop's hard drive.

Also it will manage all the BPAV folder structure and associated metadata so you can add more clips later to your achieve and also return clips from different shoots to the SxS card.

Here's the link :) Clip Browser v2.6

Cheers,

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]