MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XDCAM Transfer tool, on a mac book pro probs

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul CroweXDCAM Transfer tool, on a mac book pro probs
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 10:15:49 am

Okay, so I think I discovered what the problem is I had getting clips off the SXS card I posted a couple of days ago. I was using a third party card (not sony) and the supplier told me they are having all sorts of complaints about this brand doing this kind of thing.

So now I'm one 32GB card down for my shoot in a couple of days. I've got an 8GB and a 16GB sony card but now I'm a bit worried I might run out of space. I would just buy another card but for some reason none of my local suppliers have any in stock - arrgh!

So anyway (while I'm desperately trying to borrow a card) , I've decided to load M100 suite onto my MAC BOOK PRO (OSX 10.6.2 with loads of RAM) which I've done successfully. Now I'm planning to use the sony transfer tool to import everything into bins on an external drive during breaks. I'll then get an assistant to back those up to blue ray or something. But I wanted to test this first. See how long it would take etc...

My problem is, for some reason the Sony Transfer tool won't down load properly.

I followed these instructions on the M100 site:

I've done this before on my tower machine no-worries. But thats not running snow leopard, the MACBOOK PRO is - could this be the problem?

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: XDCAM Transfer tool, on a mac book pro probs
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 1:47:05 pm

What version of XDCAM transfer are you downloading? What exactly is the problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved