MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Crashing on import

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul CroweCrashing on import
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:06:17 am

Hi folks,

I'm trying to import some 720p 50 footage using XDCAM transfer tool 2.9.0 into M100 suite v1.1.2. I'm importing directly from the cam/card. I've got 42 clips on the sony sxs card and seven of the 42 just won't import. I get... M100 program error type 2014

I also get a M100 unrecoverable error - 19524 with all the rest of the param data which I won't write here unless anyone needs it to progress this, becasue there's loads of it.

ANyone come across this, or have any ideas what the problem might be? At this point I just want to get these seven troublesome clips off the card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Crashing on import
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 3:47:18 pm

Are the 7 clips that won't import the same format as the others?

Return to posts index

Paul CroweRe: Crashing on import
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 9:51:09 pm

Hi Matt, thanks for your response.

No all the clips are(were) 720p 50.

But as it happens I have eliminated the problem (for now) by doing something I shouldn't have... don't even know why I did it. I got the cards mixed up and reformatted it accidentally, so all the clips have gone now anyway.

Luckily I'd already backed up all the clips except the seven that didn't import. It was B-roll so I can make the edit work without the seven clips, but sheesh! - can't believe I did that!

I'd still like to try to work out why this happened though. Might do some more tests and see if I can replicate the problem.

In the mean time if you or anyone else can shed some light on why this might have happened, I'd be most appreciative.

Return to posts index

Doug CalhounRe: Crashing on import
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 10:56:04 pm

Hi Paul,
I've had similar problems bringing QT's in from a JVC GY-HM700 from SDHC cards. The only success I've had is simply dragging the clips onto the M100 icon which launches a new project/bin and selecting a codec and importing. From within the program it fails without fail.

My footage is 720p60

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Crashing on import
by on Apr 15, 2010 at 2:32:52 am

If you have some clips you can send us to test we'd be more than glad to look into the issue.

Send them via to along with steps to reproduce the crash.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved