MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 to BluRay

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry CondezM100 to BluRay
by on Mar 28, 2010 at 11:19:10 pm

Any recommendations how to make BluRay discs from Medai100 HD. Just got a test project done and looking for ways to watch to regular bluray player. Also, is there a way back to HDV from Media100? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 10:33:08 am

Export as e.g. ProRes or whatever codec you are using.
Get Toast with BluRay support
Burn with Toast to BluRay.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 4:49:34 pm

Yes but Floh, don't you have to use an encoding app. before going to Toast (it has to be version 10?). I thought that a variation of H264 in Compressor has to encode.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 30, 2010 at 12:59:17 am

Toast will compress as well.

You can also just open the exported movie in FCP 7.x and export to Bluray from there it will compress and author.

Both ways gives you limited menus and titling, but the video is great in both.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:01:56 am

... and of course you should have a Blu-ray burner.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:38:31 am

If you have an hour finished project, to export and burn to BluRay Disc, what is an average estimated time to complete this? Just cut edits. It might depend on the systems specs but there must be a close guess of the rendering time. My mac is a quad 3.0 older Xeon 10gb ram. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 30, 2010 at 8:27:14 pm

Gerry,

It looks like we are using similar Macs (although I have only 8GB RAM) so this estimate should be close. Using a self-contained export from Media 100 into Toast Titanium 10, you will be looking at approximately 5 to 6 hours before the disc is ready. Most of that time is for encoding... about 5 times the length of your video. I always do a test run on a re-writable disc and if it's good-to-go I'll burn as many as required before quitting Toast. I also keep a back-up copy of the BDMV folder (Blu-ray equivalent of the Video_TS folder) and use that to burn additional copies if required at a later date - Toast 10 offers this function as well as making DVDs from Video_TS folders.

Hope this helps.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 1:29:53 pm

I use a program that is called Discribe Bravo 7.0 with a Primera Bluray burning Robot (it burns and prints Bluray and standard DVD's).

Once you have made a Bluray/DVD, Discribe makes an image from it and then it will reproduce as many as you want, including confirming burn (this takes longer) on the Primera Pro robot.

The initial 1 hr disc takes about 2 hrs to burn with Toast or FCP (2.66 8 core 12GB ram, with a fast RAID), then the copies take about 20 minutes each w/o verification, with verification about 40 min.

We produce several short run up to 100 Blurays as well as lots of standard DVD's and CD's with this system. We even have a shrink wrap machine , clients love this. They can buy 20 Blurays from us shrink wrapped for $200.00. Bluray blanks are now down to $4.00 or less in bulk.

I just set up the machine to run overnight, in the morning I have pile done. Standard DVD's are way faster 7-8min for 1 hr long w/o verification 15 min verified.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: M100 to BluRay
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:13:21 pm

I had a question earlier how to output to HDV. Is that possible? Through Firewire? From Media 100HD? I saw a stand alone BluRay burner that can record High Definition BD. Anybody tried this? I am sure this will cut hours of encoding and burning. I'm do weddings a lot and 6 hours burning is just half the program I previously estimated. The usual length is appox. 2hrs. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]