MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Clipwrap faiure

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul JahnClipwrap faiure
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 4:30:51 pm

I have just loaded Media 100 suite version 1.5 with the latest version of clip wrap. I am running a power PC 4x2.5 GHz G5 on OS 10.5.8. Clipwrap will not convert the Audio on the MTS files from my new Sony NXCam. The clipwrap files wrapped to a .mov format are over four times the size of the .MTS format and will not play in real time on my suite despite my array passing an AJA card test at 270 Mgs per second. Has anyone used Clipwrap successfully for anything?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Clipwrap faiure
by on Mar 24, 2010 at 7:16:04 am

I´ve used ClipWrap, and besides the strange startup screen it worked nicely for me. Is it possible for you to post a short clip from your camera somewhere so that I can download it and have a look at it? Not sure why it does not work on your end. What framerate/resolution did you shoot in? What codec did you convert to?

Return to posts index

Paul JahnRe: Clipwrap faiure
by on Mar 24, 2010 at 1:44:44 pm

Footage in question was shot on the HXR-5NXU sony at 1080P 29.97. Audio files were PCM as opposed to Dolby. The files were "wrapped" as opposed to converted. The file then was imported with Media100HD as the Codec and grew to a massive size and lost all audio. The video files would then not play with out intermittent freezing as though the disk array was too slow. No error message from Media 100 telling the user to check the array performance occurred. AJA's disk array testing program showed sustained throughput at 270 Mgs per second.

Media 100 is running Suite 1.5 on a G5 power pc quad 2.5 Mghz. 5 gigs of ram.

The clipwrap people have said it is an issue with the the Sony camera and how it encodes files. Not what you want to hear when you have four brand new Sonys sitting in the EQ room.

All in all not a success on any level.

Floh if you e-mail me at I will create and send you two 1080P 29.97 files, one with PCM audio and one with Dolby audio.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Clipwrap faiure
by on Mar 24, 2010 at 1:47:23 pm

You definitely should try another codec for import, like DVCProHD, ProRes or something else compressed, since inflating the files to uncompressed format could be the reason for your playback problems (the audio is probably the Sony/ClipWrap problem). Email is on its way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved