MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Batch Que Export

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug CalhounBatch Que Export
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:39:35 pm

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with Suite 1.5 exporting using the batch function.

I've set up about 35 timelines in the batch que to export and have created a preset and exported. The clips all export cleanly HOWEVER they all have the audio from the first clip in the cue. In addition, I have to manually open each clip with QT. They all show the .mov extension however launch SoundTrack by default when double clicking and I'm unable to change them to open with QT after changing the default file type option in the Finder. I've tried multiple presets and different clips with the same result. In addition, I've found now that it doesn't always select the audio from the first clip in the cue.

Weird....

When exporting from another timeline manually via File->Export->File and creating a preset, they export without issue whether selecting "Range" or "Program" with the correct audio every time although you can obviously only export one clip at a time.

I'm running Suite 1.5 on OS 10.6.2 with QT 7.6.3 on an Intel 2 X 2.66 GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 8GB ram

Also, I'm under the impression it's not possible to install QT 7.6.4 per the Recommended Requirements for the newest version of Suite. Upon downloading 7.6.4 and attempting install, it states it won't install on Snow Leopard.

If anyone has been able to make this function work under any configuration, ie: Leopard, previous QT etc., please advise. I'll be manually exporting unless there is a config anyone knows of that works.

Any input is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Batch Que Export
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:09:08 am

ie: Leopard, previous QT etc., please advise. I'll be manually exporting unless there is a config anyone knows of that works.

Can't say much about your main issue, you probably are a pioneer on 1.5 an you help improving...

But I have to say that I'm using 10.6.2 WITH Qt 7.6.3. on a MacBook Pro. If I remember well, there's an Extra Folder on OS 10.6 CDs allowing installation of this previous version of Qt. Being a Qt Pro user, I think I couldn't be able to work without it, and I still don't understand where Apple is going with QuickTime X (or 10).

Keep digging... we'll follow up.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:31:52 am

Here's a copy/paste from Apple about Qt 7.6.4

Products Affected
QuickTime 7 (OS X), Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.5, Windows Vista
QuickTime 7.6.4 includes changes that increase reliability, improve compatibility, and enhance security. This release is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.

What’s in this update?

Support for iTunes 9
Improved audio device support on Windows Vista
For information on the security content of this update, please see this article.

Note: QuickTime 7.6.4 is for computers using Mac OS X v10.4.11, Mac OS X v10.5 through v10.5.8, Windows XP SP2 or later, or Windows Vista.

Return to posts index

Doug CalhounRe: Batch Que Export
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:52:59 am

It's weird Eric that with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 the QT version goes down to 7.6.3, not up.....

I can't imagine no one else is using Suite 1.5. Maybe someone could run a test even if it's installed on Leopard to see if the Batch Export works properly?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 19, 2010 at 1:27:36 am

As for QT not going up... well, I assume they want to introduce something... new?
QT Pro has so many high quality Export features... They probably don't make enough money with it. So the purpose of it is probably to eventually introduce - SELL - «per piece» features. They have the technology, they're probably just trying to make more money with it.

As for testing, it's a good idea. I'm running M100 1.1.3 on Snow on MacBook Pro, as well as on Leo 10.5.8 on MacPro. I have a bunch of projects going on on both machines now. Should be good to install trial version in a few weeks.

But for now, I'm going to install Qt 7.6.4 on MacPro 10.5.8 to see what's new on 7.6.4, apparently they have some new stuff for older OS... for once. Probably a fix, more than improvement.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Batch Que Export
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 7:17:46 am

Yes, Snow Leopard is at QuickTime 7.6.3 currently, while Leopard is at 7.6.4. This should not be an issue.
Regarding the export problem with audio, I will look into it as soon as I am in the office.
Regarding the default opening application: unfortunately Apple removed the type/creator code from Snow Leopard. Under Leopard (and under more or less all previous MacOS versions) you specified which app created a file, and which app should be used to open it by default. This is now gone, and the OS relies (more or less) on the file extension to see which app should be used. So if you have a .mov file, you cannot say anymore that this file should be opened with QuickTime player by default, while another .mov file should be opened with let´s say Media 100. They now will all open with the same application. And it seems like your default app for .mov files is Soundtrack; not sure why.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 19, 2010 at 2:05:33 pm

Under Leopard (and under more or less all previous MacOS versions) you specified which app created a file, and which app should be used to open it by default. This is now gone, and the OS relies (more or less) on the file extension to see which app should be used. So if you have a .mov file, you cannot say anymore that this file should be opened with QuickTime player by default, while another .mov file should be opened with let´s say Media 100. They now will all open with the same application. And it seems like your default app for .mov files is Soundtrack; not sure why.

Thanks Floh, it appears this particular portion of the issue is solved by moving QT 7.6.3 from the Utilities folder to the Applications folder and THEN changing the setting to open all .mov files to open with 7.6.3. Not sure why it makes a difference by I found that on the Apple Support Forum and it seems to have worked.

The rest is still unresolved on my end.

Thanks for your input so far.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Batch Que Export
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 2:07:44 pm

Doug,

Can you send me a list or screen shot of the contents of the following folder:

Mac HD> Library> Quicktime

If you feel comfortable posting here you can if not shoot me an e-mail.

mattm@borisfx.com

Return to posts index

by on Mar 19, 2010 at 2:19:38 pm

Thanks Matt, you have mail.

Doug

Return to posts index

Gregg MichaelsRe: Batch Que Export
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 2:05:38 pm

Have had this same exact problem as well. I'm waiting for a response from tech support.

GM

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Batch Que Export
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:42:52 pm

Doug and Greg and anyone else following.

We were able to reproduce the issue here with multiple programs exporting the same audio using the Batch Export function.

For the time being I would recommend not using the feature.

Engineering is looking into the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]