MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Software for NuBus Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg Eshelman
Software for NuBus Media 100
on Mar 5, 2010 at 10:04:10 am

Anyone have a CD image of version 2.6.2 for the old NuBus Media 100?

I have a CD-R backup of someone else's old Mac hard drive. I can copy the installed 2.6.2 over and it works but there appears to be some things missing.

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
Re: Software for NuBus Media 100
on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:12:00 am

Hi, Think I got all the versions of the CD from 2.6.1 to the 8.x.x. I was first looking for the diskettes. Just dont know how to make a disk image. hehehe. But I got what youre looking for, Let me know. - Gerry

Return to posts index

Gregg Eshelman
on Mar 13, 2010 at 9:16:24 am

An .iso of the 2.6.2 CD would be nice to have, though sending it might be an issue.

Gmail can take attachments up to 25 megabytes, so compressing and chunking it, could send to greggv8@gmail.com

I mainly use that address for things that turn up their digital nose at a Yahoo address. ;)

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:39:47 am

Media 100® 2.6.2 Installer - sent today.

Return to posts index

Gregg Eshelman
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:16:47 am

You'll have to archive the installer with Stuffit before e-mailing it.

I suspect just the installer isn't all that's required, there's probably Tome files or other files required, plus the tutorial files, PDF manuals too.

Use Disk Copy to make an uncompressed image from the CD. Then you can use Stuffit to compress the image file and split it into 20 megabyte chunks.

Why an uncompressed Disk Copy image? Because Nero Burning ROM can burn those to CD-R. It can't handle compressed Disk Copy images.

If you have OS X, you could make an uncompressed DMG image, newer versions of Nero can burn those to disc too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]