MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Mastering Audio Tracks

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric PelletierMastering Audio Tracks
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:22:01 pm

Maybe someone can help me here.

I'm trying to Master to Tape (DVCPRO 50) a program that contains Audio Tracks A1-A2 and A7-A8 and want these tracks to be assigned accordingly on the deck. I'm Mastering via SDI with Media 100 Suite 1.1.3 with Kona LHE. It seems to me though, that I'm limited to 4 tracks out: C1, C2, C3, C4 on Mastering. Is this true with SDI, if not how do I proceed?

Suite 1.1.3
Kona LHE

Eric Pelletier

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Mastering Audio Tracks
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:27:54 pm

The channel are stereo pairs. Ch1 is hardware channel 1/2, ch2 is 3/4,… So if you want to master to 1/2 and 7/8 you should route your audio Track A1 and A2 to e.g. bus 1 and A7/A8 to Bus2. Then route Bus 1 to Channel 1/2 (Ch1), and Bus 2 to Ch4 (7/8)

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Mastering Audio Tracks
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:44:34 pm

ok that's clear.
Then how do I make sure, by digitizing back the tape, that 7/8 have audio on them. It seems that the deck can only offer 4 tracks. How do I reach tracks 7/8 of the deck? Is it a deck specifics question or do you know if there's a way to ask the system to do so?

Eric

Return to posts index

by on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:46:46 pm

You could digitize a short part of the tape via SDI with audio A7A8 turned on. Look if there is anything coming back in. Or search for the manual of your DVCPro50 deck on the web and look if it supports 8 audio tracks. Not sure if DVCPro50 supports that at all.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:57:12 pm

Sorry , that's the part i'm missing here. How do I turn on audio 7/8. How do I know if I really am acquiring tracks 7/8 from deck and not only assigning the incoming sound to A7-A8 of the system?

I just did what you suggested: B1 (A1-A2) and B2 (A7-A8) and routed B1 to C1 and B2 to C4 and Mastered Inserted C1-C2-C3-C4. Thanks so much for this one.

Eric Pelletier

Return to posts index

by on Mar 4, 2010 at 7:20:25 pm

[Eric Pelletier] "Mastered Inserted C1-C2-C3-C4."

The C1-C4 buttons in Master to tape are individual channels; the C1/2 to C7/8 hardware output channels are stereo pairs. So if you routed your audio to C7/8 and you mastered C3 and C4 (in the master to Tape window) you most likely did not record anything,
In Acquire Mode, there is the "input channel Mapping" button. Click that and enable G2 3/4 (group 2 channel 3&4 of the SDI signal, which is actually channel 7&8 on your deck)

Return to posts index

by on Mar 4, 2010 at 7:38:15 pm

ok so that's my point : in my version, the Master to tape Window only shows C1 C2 C3 and C4, while in the user guide (Media 100 MultiChan Audio Out pdf), the Master to tape to SDI window shows possibility of mastering/inserting V and C1 to C16 where I could, assuming I'd have the right version, click C7 C8.

Do I have the right version?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 4, 2010 at 7:39:26 pm

[Eric Pelletier] "Do I have the right version?"

Yes. Only tracks supported by your deck are displayed there. So your deck only supports 4 channels.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 4, 2010 at 8:14:46 pm

Yes, that's exact.
HD Decks would allow up to C16
SD allows only 4 tracks
So you were right from the start, doubting this deck of mine had more tacks ;-)

Man you're fast on aswers
Thank you so much
Feel much better now

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]