MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Crash on import - program error -2014

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin HamiltonCrash on import - program error -2014
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:07:44 pm

A few months ago we switched to the Media100 Suite 1.1.1 and everything has been running great until now. We purchased an XDCAM EX PMW-350, using the SxS cards. The media100 keeps crashing with this code ( on importing of certain clips.

Here is the workflow:

Using the clip browser (CRC check on) copied the contents of the SxS card to a hard drive (also to a mirrored drive for source footage backup). Launching the Sony Transfer software from within Media100, the selected clips are imported using the Apple ProRes 422 codec. Media100 crashes on certain clips. When I find the re-wrapped quicktimes in Finder, quicktime plays these clips fine. They also import just fine into FCP. (My workaround has been to import these possibly "corrupted" clips into FCP then export them with the ProRes codec, then import into M100. This works fine but takes a bit of time.)

I have since then installed the 7.1 AJA driver, along with M100 v1.1.3. The results are the same. Same crashes on the same clips. The error I am getting from what I have read is a Quicktime (file duration) error. Not sure what that really means. I was thinking that perhaps the SxS card is corrupt, but the clips all come in fine into FCP, and are exported, then imported into M100 without problems. So I am not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Crash on import - program error -2014
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:17:27 pm

Could you post one of the clips that crashes the application somewhere? Always difficult to tell without the actual media files.

Return to posts index

Robin HamiltonRe: Crash on import - program error -2014
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:40:04 pm

I will try. It seems (in this case) the clips that M100 isn't liking are over 1 minute long. Although there are a couple that are over a minute long that it had no trouble with. The smallest one is around 500 MB - we don't have that much room on our server at the moment. I will see if I can clear some room.

I will also add that we have received media from an XDCAM EX3 on a hard drive and some of the clips were over 15 mins. There were over 100 clips and there were no problems at all.

Thanks Floh,

-Robin Hamilton

Motion Graphics Designer
Visual Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved