MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

locating media in bins

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
todd mcmullenlocating media in bins
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:32:24 pm

In a nutshell I have imported legacy bin into media 100 suite. Media was missing. Re-digitized full bin with timecode. No problem.
When I open another bin that should have some of those same clips I cannot get the media to relink.As a matter of fact it doesn't look as if the search is hitting the destinations drive. And yes I have told it what location folders to look in.
Am I missing a step?

thanks

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
http://www.toddmcmullen.com

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: locating media in bins
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:40:46 pm

[todd mcmullen] "Am I missing a step? "

Actually yes.

When you want to reacquire something, you should make sure to select all instances you want to reacquire. E.g. if you want to reacquire clips that are in a bin and in a timeline, make sure to select both in the Project window before entering "batch reacquire selected". Each clip lives on its own, and as soon as the link for one clip to its original media files is broken (e.g. by reacquiring it), this does not mean automatically that other instances of this clip will also relink to the new media file automatically. Most of the time this is extremely useful (e.g. if you want to reacquire a timeline from offline to online resolution while keeping the offline version for comparison). But in your case it did not give the results you were expecting; so make sure the next time to select everything you want to link the new media files to.

Return to posts index

todd mcmullenRe: locating media in bins
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:14:59 pm

Thanks Floh
So I completely understand. If I have a bin of say, tape 8, that has all the useful clips on that tape in it. and I have made other "Sub bins", that some of those clips could work in as well.I would have to open each "sub bin" and highlight those clips that are from tape 8?

I ask because I have over 50 "sub bins" that I would have to open just to find the clips from tape 8.
Geez, I hope this makes sense.

Thanks a bunch

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: locating media in bins
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:38:24 pm

You can also select Programs and Bins in the Project window. The batch list will pull from all clips in all selected items.

This is what you want to do in this situation.

Return to posts index

todd mcmullenRe: locating media in bins
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 12:01:57 am

Thanks Wickham.
I will have to call this one in because I think my description defies depiction. Is this workflow by chance described in the pdf manual?
cheers

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]