MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Export program options

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh WalkerExport program options
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 5:58:11 pm

I am looking for suggestions regarding file export options. What are the most popular settings for DVD player playback and for web download and streaming. I am using iDVD set at maximum pssible DVD burning speed for DVD creation. I am opertaing Media 100 Suite version 1.0.2 and find that I cannot get rid of jagged edges on things like page turns, squeeze zooms etc. wheter it's on DVD player playback... or web playback. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Export program options
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 6:51:46 pm

jagged edges… this could be either interlacing artifacts or field dominance issues. When you go from Media 100 to iDVD you should do the following (at least for NTSC): MPEG2 used for DVDs is 720*480, while the "normal" video resolution e.g. for the Media 100 i codec or for ProRes is 720*486. So if you want to go to DVD you need to get rid of some lines. Unfortunately iDVD simply scales your video as a full frame without looking at the fields. Th avoid that you should export a DV-Stream from Media 100. Go to the File->Export menu and choose Other->DV Stream. Set the field dominance correctly (I think it is lower field for NTSC DV), Color range to "Computer" and in the options the video format to DV, Interlaced and NTSC. Since DV is as MPEG2 720*480 you will end up with a file with the right dimensions (and also the right colorspace) for iDVD. Burn that and watch your disc on a CRT. This way you can see if your fields are correct.

Regarding the jagged edges in web video: you need to deinterlace your video for distribution on the web. This depends on what program you are using to encode…

Return to posts index

Hugh WalkerRe: Export program options
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 7:16:02 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried different codecs including animation, DVPRO NTSC and H.264 with limited success. Your suggestions differ from many I have received and will give them a go.
I'll let you know how I make out... stay tuned.

Thanks again...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved