MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

.mov and M100 quicktime

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ralph conradt.mov and M100 quicktime
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 8:52:00 pm

I have done a search without success and would be grateful for a response. While not a newbie, (first NLE was M100 NuBus) I am confused here.
WHen I export as self contained the .mov is too large to fit on one DVD. If I export as QT with lower frame rate the file is Media100 QT which can't be opened by my music guy or others involved with the project as they do not have M100..
PLEASE HELP

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: .mov and M100 quicktime
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:50:57 pm

You don't mention any file sizes so it's difficult to comment but why not put the .Mov file on a drive with a decent capacity? I use small portable drives up to 1 TB capacity for moving files around. I guess that you want to post the DVD to someone? Then my suggestion won't work unless you can FEDEX the drive?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: .mov and M100 quicktime
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:14:39 pm

If the music guy in on a Mac you can include the M100 Codecs installer.

The Intel-friendly one is here:
http://www.borisfx.com/login/m100_reg_form.php?action=m100CodecsIntel

The PPC flavor is here:
http://www.borisfx.com/login/m100_reg_form.php?action=m100CodecsPowerPC

If that doesn't help, try exporting to some other codec that the music guy can play on his system.

File > Export > Other > QuickTime then click Options, there's all kinds of choices in there. Also remember that they may not need the file to be full frame size, going with 480x360 can save a lot in file size.

Return to posts index

ralph conradtRe: .mov and M100 quicktime
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 12:38:42 am

thanks for the responses. I was able to compress on using toast and the 8gig file fit fine. I was probably making this more difficult than it was.
Hey Wick. Were you a customer support person at M100 a few years ago? I thoiught there was guy with a name really similar that got me out of some real jams. M100 customer support was the reason I used that NLE. You could not get me to buy FCP simply cause they stop supporting older versions. As soon as this film which I have been working on for three years is done I wi ll upgrade from Producer to the next version. I expect there are some advantages.

THANKS AGAIN

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: .mov and M100 quicktime
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 2:55:25 am

Yeah that's me. Thanks for the kind words.

They tricked me into becoming the Product Manager a couple of years ago.

Hurry up and finish that project so we can sell another system will ya!? ;-)

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: .mov and M100 quicktime
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 12:32:05 pm

Wickham, you are one of the obvious signs of the growing strength of Media 100 (others might say 'recovery'), us long time users and fans are much encouraged. All power to Boris and his team.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Ton OffermanRe: .mov and M100 quicktime
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 2:24:10 pm

I agree !!
The support en this forum is fantastic.

Ton

114386u34065948096103968

Return to posts index

Averill TownsendRe: .mov and M100 quicktime
by on Feb 21, 2010 at 4:55:23 pm

Heh Wick!
I for one am certainly delighted you have stayed with M100. You have always been straight with issues, and certainly responsive to 'Crazed Editor Syndrome' ... Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]