MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Weird audio goings on in M100 suite 1.1.2 - help please

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Crowe
Weird audio goings on in M100 suite 1.1.2 - help please
on Jan 19, 2010 at 9:43:47 pm

Okay, I just extracted 2 dvds using Streamclip to produce 2 separate .dv clips. I play them back in QT and they're fine. Both audio and video sweet as.

But when I import to M100 suite 1.1.2 (set to dv codec and to render dv) the first one (which is 1hr 4mins long) only comes in with six minutes of audio on it. On the timeline the vision clip is okay but the two audio tracks come up way short, they just stop 6mins in.

On the second clip which is about 30mins long the audio tracks come up with only 2mins worth. Same again, the pink audio tracks just stop and the vision track carries on above them as intended - what gives?

I have also noticed that when the clips come into the bin they haven't got the thin black outline around them in the graphics like they normally do (if you get what I mean).

Any help or idea are greatly appreciated. In the mean time I might see if the same happens when I acquire from tape.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Weird audio goings on in M100 suite 1.1.2 - help please
on Jan 19, 2010 at 9:46:53 pm

I think you should give Suite 1.1.3 a try. Not sure if this is a bug that is fixed in the latest version, but worth trying.

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Jan 19, 2010 at 10:00:53 pm

Sheesh! Floh, that's amazing when do you sleep? What time is it there?

Thanks for that I'll try an update.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Jan 19, 2010 at 10:08:45 pm

Yeah, I ask him that all the time too. He's never given me a straight answer though.

I just ran it by our Engineers and, although it's a good thing to have the latest version, they're not optimistic about it re: your problem.

We will probably need to get some media from you that exhibits the problem. If you can find a smaller clip that fails in the same way, that would be great.

If you can post it somewhere we can grab it, just send an email to support@media100.com with the details. If you can't do that, send us an email so we can contact you and then we'll find a place for you to post it.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Jan 19, 2010 at 10:15:31 pm

Hmm, I think he's a vampire.

Actually, come to think of it, you probably are too!!! Arrgh oh nooo! Shouldn't you be a sleep also?

I'll see what I can do about the clip.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]