MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Batch Re-acquire problems.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg MichaelsBatch Re-acquire problems.
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 7:51:09 pm

Not sure when this stopped working. Trying to re-acquire an HD-29.97 timeline from vtr. Grabbing via hd-sdi with deck control via kona serial. When I get to the point where the footage is loaded in the vtr and execute, the system appears to lose sync/loss of video signal. I checked through the known issues for this release, and some things are mentioned about loss of sync with firewire devices/control, but nothing applies to my setup. This was working in previous version, but this is the first time I've re-acquired in Suite version of M100. BTW- batch acquire via FCP is working (no cable changes) Anyone have any tips or workarounds?

M100- 1.1.2/Mac Pro 10.5.8/AJA-Kona3/7.1

GM

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Batch Re-acquire problems.
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 8:03:40 pm

can you acquire via the "acquire" mode (e.g. in non-batch-acquire)? Trying to find out if there is a general problem with your setup and configuration, or if it is only related to batch acquire.

Return to posts index

Gregg MichaelsRe: Batch Re-acquire problems.
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 10:20:14 pm

Hi Floh. Actually, I just figured it out. For some reason, batch re-acquire does not like using hd-sdi-2 as the input. This input was working fine for my normal acquisition, only when I was trying to use the batch procedure did I have the problem. When I moved my input to hd-sdi-1 on the kona breakout box, everything behaved normally. Interesting though, when I would use the batch acquisition on input 2, when it cued the tape, I could see the first frame, when I hit "ready" is when I lost my signal. Maybe the M100 guys can confirm this.

GM

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Batch Re-acquire problems.
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 10:54:54 pm

Well Gregg... now that you've done my job, it should be pretty easy to check out ;-)

I'll let you know.

~ Wick

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Batch Re-acquire problems.
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 11:11:23 pm

Wick-
Once upon a time didn't you tell me that HD-SDI Input 2/B on the Kona 3 is not supported by Media 100 -- just 1/A? Isn't that what's going on here?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 18, 2009 at 7:20:16 am

[Nick Griffin] "Once upon a time didn't you tell me that HD-SDI Input 2/B on the Kona 3 is not supported by Media 100 -- just 1/A? Isn't that what's going on here?"

In one of the latest releases, I think in Media 100 Suite V1.0, the SDI 2 in on the Kona3 has been enabled. But maybe there still is an issue with it in batch reacquire.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2009 at 9:34:54 pm

Hey Gregg,

We are completely unable to reproduce this problem here. Are you still seeing it?

Anyone else out there with a Kona3 having trouble with HD-SDI 2 input on Batch Acquire?

Any tips on how I might reproduce it it?

~Wick

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2009 at 9:56:31 pm

I haven't tried it since I changed the inputs around. The setup that was not working was my hd source on hdsdi-2 and my sd source on sdi-1. They were both connected at the same time, maybe that has something to do with it. I'll reverse the cables and see if I get the same problem.

GM

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2009 at 10:37:49 pm

OK. Reversed the cables and I reproduced the problem. When I hit "ready" the video indicator goes yellow and I lose signal to my hd monitor. The status in the batch reacquire reads "Can't record4" in red.
The source I have hooked up to hdsdi-2 is an xdcam-hd pdw-f70 and the source I have hooked up to sdi-1 is a digi-beta dvw-500. Both are hooked directly to the breakout box. Again, I can digitize with hdsdi-2 on the fly, with no problems. One note, this timeline is a bit old. Probably version 12.7 originally. Maybe there's something involving saving in the new version.

I've attached the reacquire window.

GM

Return to posts index

by on Dec 23, 2009 at 1:35:34 pm

[Gregg Michaels] "When I hit "ready" the video indicator goes yellow and I lose signal to my hd monitor. "

Just tried it; connected to SDI 1 in is a DigiBeta, and to SDI 2 in is a HD-SDI out from a HDCam deck. Reacquired clips on a timeline using the HD-SDI 2 in on a Kona3 without problems, while the SDI 1 in got a signal from the DigiBeta. It also worked when having no signal attached to SDI 1 in.

How was your audio set up? I see that you don´t try to reacquire audio, but since this works for me I am wondering if there is something going on with an invalid audio sync…

Return to posts index

by on Dec 23, 2009 at 3:05:26 pm

I typically capture audio via sdi, which is what media100 is setup to do now. This particular timeline has no audio, just visuals. There is audio on the source footage, and I can digitize it through normal capture process via hdsdi-2. I'm going to do more testing of variables to see what happens. Did you try using an older timeline to test? I'll try doing something fresh just to see if that works.

GM

Return to posts index

by on Dec 23, 2009 at 3:22:51 pm

OK, it's definitely the timeline. I can digitize new clips from the same source footage via hdsdi-2. Place them into the old timeline. Trash the media files, and then proceed to reacquire. No problems. When I select the original clips to reacquire, I get the loss of signal error. Again, I'm not dead in the water here, as I have a workaround, but something strange is going on with this timeline.

GM

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2009 at 10:50:06 pm

[Wickham Strub] "Anyone else out there with a Kona3 having trouble with HD-SDI 2 input on Batch Acquire? "

I can give it a try tomorrow. Haven´t seen that (although we use the Kona3 SDI2 in only occasionally).

Return to posts index

by on Dec 23, 2009 at 4:33:59 pm

Hi Gregg,

I've got all the same stuff so... it's a nearly apples-to-apples comparison. Nearly, because I'm on Snow Leopard, but I'd be surprised if that's the issue.

The only way I can get the "Can't Record4" error to come up is to intentionally set SDI 2 to "SD SDI 2" but that makes no sense to me 'cause you say you can then acquire manually just fine. If I set up to fail, I still have to fix the incorrect setting in order acquire manually.

I'm beginning to wonder if your Preferences are corrupted. Go to YourUserFolder/Library/Preferences... and delete the folder named "Media 100 Suite Preferences". While you're there, delete any older M100 Prefs folders you may see and also delete the file named "com.Media100.Media100Suite.plist".

Then, create an all new Project and bring the Progam(s) in question into the new Project and try batching again.

~Wick

Return to posts index

by on Dec 23, 2009 at 7:01:12 pm

That did it Wick! I'm even capturing with the old project. I did find some old preferences in there from previous versions, so I trashed those too. Wow, the old corrupt preferences does it again. Haven't had that one in a long time. I would have tried that earlier, but the system has been very stable with no other issues. Well, thanks for all your help, this is why you make the big bucks.

Thanks Floh.

Have a good holiday guys.

GM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]