MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

tony....can I get a kindness

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Foerstertony....can I get a kindness
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 3:01:08 am

Somedays I feel like the Winnebago man.
I still have not been able to downconvert 1080iHD footage to 525i/SD/letterboxed on aquire realtime to my bins.
Software conform works fine.
I'm feeding it sdi 1080.
Choosing that as my "input source"
Choosing 525i (letterboxed) as my "media standard"

Mac Pro/intel
Aja LHe
M100 13
Konaware 6.0.2

I called the excellent folks at media 100 support and they have confirmed and replicated the problem and are working on it.

So I have to ask - has anyone here successfully down-converted 1080i to 525i (letterboxed) during capture via sdi?

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: tony....can I get a kindness
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 5:32:13 pm

Hi Mark,

Without getting into too much detail, you've found a bug. It appears (since you're using 'older' software from both M100 and AJA) that it's been lurking for some time now.

Our engineers working closely with AJA's engineers to solve the problem. I will post back as soon as it's resolved to let you know as well as anyone else following along.

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: tony....can I get a kindness
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 7:20:05 pm

For me too, while digitizing 1080i Source Standard, and setting Media Standard to 525i 4x3 or 16x9 gives me weird sctatches and colors in the source monitor and, basically, digitizes it.

The only workaround to downconvert HD to SD, is to count on the deck Downconvert feature and digitizing directly SD via the SD SDI output... The question is : are all HD decks (DVCPRO-HDCAM-HDV-else?) provide downconvert features???

Media 100 Suite 1.1.1 (Intel)
LHe, with v7 driver

Return to posts index

Mark FoersterRe: tony....can I get a kindness
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 2:39:48 pm

There is an Aja patch coming out to fix this least on the mac, intel , not sure...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved