MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Thank You Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy StintonThank You Media 100
by on Nov 8, 2009 at 5:15:39 pm

To be quite honest I’m getting a little tired of the comparisons between all of the video editing programs. Which one is better? To me they are all tools a bit like a pen and paper is to an artist.

However when I read about all these comparisons one thing rarely gets discussed. After sales support.

Recently I had a problem with Media 100 Suite as I was having to do my first project in high-definition. I encountered a problem using Boris Red for green screen. The program kept crashing and crashing and crashing. I phoned Media 100 in desperation, and rather than be met with the endless “ Push button one, Push button” that is so often one of the frustrating experiences in today’s communication world. I was very quickly connected to a live person, Matt Caravella, who is one of the salespeople at Media 100. He listened to my problem took down the details, and went off to talk to the engineers. I was on hold for five minutes when he came back with a solution. Unbelievable in this day and age, that one can go to the person who sold the product and get service after the check has cleared.

So next time you are reading the endless comparisons between Final Cut Pro, Avid and Media 100 ask yourself the question ” What about after sales support?” Sure there is the excellent database and experts at the Cow . But what happens if you are the first with a particular problem? Wouldn’t it be nice to know that the software company is there for you?

I’m a Media 100 guy from years ago, and will remain so for many years to come. Why? Are they the best editing software program on the market? I don’t know I’m not that smart, I haven’t used all the programs. What I do know is that they are there to support their customers, which means a lot more to me than the 50 extra features Final Cut Pro may have.

Standing ovation for Matt and Wick and all the rest of the boys at Media 100, thank you.

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

Lukkee ChongRe: Thank You Media 100
by on Nov 11, 2009 at 2:11:38 am

I must chime in and agree 100%!

Return to posts index

Paul CroweRe: Thank You Media 100
by on Nov 15, 2009 at 11:13:06 pm

Me too!