MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wilcoxupgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 12:17:04 am

Upgraded to Suite 1.0.2 and now both FCP and Color will not boot. I get a panel that says I need a Quartz Extreme capable video card in order to use either program. Nothing else has changed on the system. Running AJA 6.5.0 drivers. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue...?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 12:23:54 am

I think what you are seeing is not an Media 100 issue but an Aja problem. The Aja driver has a function called "Digital Desktop", which lets you use your SDI out as a 3rd computer screen. But in many situations this function disables Quarz Extreme for the Graphics card.
You need to download the Aja NDD driver (that is the driver without the Digital Desktop component) for your card; preferably the 7.0 driver, which works with Media 100 Suite 1.1 and FCP 6.0.x and FCP7. And you should also upgrade to Suite 1.1 while you are at it…

Return to posts index

Jim WilcoxRe: upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 12:28:30 am

Floh,

Thanks. I'll change out to NDD n the morning. I was under the impression that there were still some issues with 1.1 in terms of display at this point. Has that all been addressed?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 1:13:07 am

The only display-related problem SHOULD be the fact that you cannot choose M100 Video Preview from After Effects (though you CAN choose AJA). We're working on it, and hope to have it fixed soon.

I should also mention that you will find v1.1.1 on our site when you go to grab the download. It's a minor maintenance release sporting support for the latest Blackmagic and Matrox drivers as well as a handful of other minor fixes and enhancements.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 8:59:16 am

Wickham, my supplier here in London is about to upgrade my system and we are hoping NOT to have to use OS Snow Leopard until Sony have fixed their EX Transfer software which apparently will not run with Snow Leopard. Can we still install Media 100 Suite 1.1.1?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:40:57 am

Hi Michael,

yes, Suite 1.1.1 works fine on OSX 10.5.8. We are also running all our systems on Leopard, since our FibreChannel software still is not available for Snow Leopard.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:10:23 pm

If I am reading the 1.1.1 release notes correctly, it looks like aja driver 7.0 is minimum, but I am running FCP 6.0.5 and thought that Aja 7.0 was for FCP 7.x only. Mistaken?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:18:33 pm

[Jim Wilcox] "If I am reading the 1.1.1 release notes correctly, it looks like aja driver 7.0 is minimum, but I am running FCP 6.0.5 and thought that Aja 7.0 was for FCP 7.x only. Mistaken?"

The Aja 7.0 drivers do work and are supported with FCP 6.x as well as 7.x; Plus, as far as I know Suite 1.1.1 also should work with the Aja 6.5 driver. But I think there is no reason not to upgrade to Aja 7.0

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:24:35 pm

Thanks Floh, you beat me to it again!

I would argue, however, that you SHOULD run the v7 driver from AJA because that is the driver that our engineers have been working with for some time now.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2009 at 6:21:03 pm

Floh,

Along the lines of Color. I did go thru your tutorial, but am still having trouble with the update media from XML. The list I ran thru Color is a very simple one with about 20 shots with dissolves. When I update in Suite, it can't find the media. If I just import the xml from Color it does. Missing some step?

Return to posts index

Michael HanishRe: upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 10:06:47 am

I'm having the problem of not being able to choose Media100 OUT for After Effects, but I also find that, since upgrading to Suite 1.1 and AJA driver 7, I can't choose AJA out either.
I have a feeling that when the one aspect is fixed, the other will be as well, so my question is: can we hope for a fix soon? Wick?

Thanks,

Michael

Return to posts index

by on Nov 1, 2009 at 11:19:31 am

[Michael Hanish] " but I also find that, since upgrading to Suite 1.1 and AJA driver 7, I can't choose AJA out either."

Hmmm, the Aja out works for us. Not sure why it does not work for you, but I am not sure if this is something Media 100 can fix. What version of AE and OSX are you using?

Return to posts index

Michael HanishRe: upgrade to Suite 1.0.2 - no FCP/no Color
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 10:13:14 pm

Floh,
As always, thanks!
I'm using AE CS4, AJA 7.0 NDD driver, OS X 10.5.8. Firewire out works fine, but since the install of M100, no AJA out, just black screen from AE.
Is a re-install of AJA driver worth going through?

Thanks,

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]