MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Which first?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Which first?
on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:59:32 pm

I'm at a point with jobs on our "A room" system where I'm comfortable running an upgrade. So which gets installed first, Snow Leopard or Suite 1.02?

And as long as I'm asking, on our "B room" Power PC (pre-Intel) Quad Core machine what's the latest version of M100 I can run without upgrading from OS 10.4.11?

Thanx.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: Which first?
on Oct 13, 2009 at 4:22:17 pm

Hmmm...

1. M100 is the less disruptive upgrade and it works on Leopard so... why not get your feet wet with v1.0.2 first then go to Snow Leopard when you've got a compelling need.

2. The last version of Media 100 that ran on Tiger was version 12.1.3.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 13, 2009 at 8:12:57 pm

Thanx, Wick. (As always.)

Hey, gang. Is it just my perception or is everything NOTICEABLY faster with Snow Leopard and the latest rev of Media 100? Not just some things like the Finder but the app opening, bins opening, moving on the timeline, EVERYTHING seems MUCH faster and more responsive.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Oct 13, 2009 at 8:56:15 pm

So... you went for both eh?

The one little speed boost that I continue to love in Snow Leopard is that when the desktop comes up, it's ready to go, right then and there, no waiting while the disks are churning away finishing up some unknown processes.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:09:22 pm

[Wickham Strub] "So... you went for both eh?"

In for a dime, in for a dollar. First day in awhile that something didn't have to go out the door, so might as well seize all the pain, I mean joy, at once.

While I remembered to update the AJA drivers I completely forgot that the CalDigit RAID also needed a new driver to work with 10.6, that is unless one were to like continual crashes, then staying with the old driver would make perfect sense.

Wick, thanks again for your guidance both online and off.

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Oct 19, 2009 at 10:24:33 am

I'm looking to do the same upgrade(s). Just downloaded the trial for M100 suite.

Did you upgrade snow leopard before or after M100 suite? I'm guessing everything was done via download. Do you use MPEG streamclip? (It's a life saver for me). If you do use streamclip, is it still working? I assume QT pro is all good also?

Questions, questions.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]