MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

I can see the audio but I can't hear it

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsI can see the audio but I can't hear it
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 9:19:36 pm

Media 100 8.2.2 i/xr Mac OS 10.3.9

I was working on a project adding music clips everything was fine. Then I dragged a music clip into the timeline that I had just imported as I had done other. Then there was no sound coming out. I can see the audio wave, I can see the L & R tracks playing in the audio window but it is not out putting to the speakers. I have disconnected all the wires and reconnected the simplest set up . Still no sound to be heard.

Could I have inadvertently hit some mute button some where? I have loaded other projects and thes same thing is true. I see the audio wave but cant hear it.

I need to get this project done tonight. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: I can see the audio but I can't hear it
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 2:09:42 am

The first thing I would do is to trash the Media 100 Preferences and create a brand new project to see if THAT one works.

Quit Media 100, then find the Media 100 Preferences folder here: YouUserFolder/Library/Preferences/...

If that doesn't work...

You mentioned disconnecting/reconnecting cables but did you try the Junction Box? Be sure to shut down the computer first (sorry, I have to say that).

How about re-seating the P6000 itself? For that, you REALLY have to shut down ;-)

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbinsall is well again
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 3:42:26 pm

I disconnected every piece of equipment and went right from the junction box to the monitor. Sound! then I added each device one by one. Whatever was the breaking point before is cleared and all is well. Thanks for the ideas. My next step would have been following your advice and trashing the preferences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved